Travelling to Tottenham for NFL 13/10 ?

hippo

The stadium is well connected by rail. The 'easiest' way is probably to take the Overground from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane which runs every 15 minutes, it drops you just round the corner from the stadium. 

The tube runs literally every two minutes from Euston to Tottenham Hale and Severn Sisters.  They are both a longer walk to the stadium than White Hart Lane but obviously any time you lose at the stadium end with the longer walk is time you'll have saved in central London by not having to go to Liverpool Street.  Seven Sisters is a slightly longer walk but it's just up one straight road where you can just follow the crowd of other people heading to the game. 

Edited by The_Rev

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

The stadium is well connected by rail. The 'easiest' way is probably to take the Overground from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane which runs every 15 minutes, it drops you just round the corner from the stadium. 

The tube runs literally every two minutes from Euston to Tottenham Hale and Severn Sisters.  They are both a longer walk to the stadium than White Hart Lane but obviously any time you lose at the stadium end with the longer walk is time you'll have saved in central London by not having to go to Liverpool Street.  Seven Sisters is a slightly longer walk but it's just up one straight road where you can just follow the crowd of other people heading to the game. 

Great - I don't venture into london much - so soory if these sound dumb questions

1.It is birmingham to euston that I need ?  - is that a direct train ?

2.Would a cab from Euston be feasible - or just too expensive ? 

48 minutes ago, hippo said:

Great - I don't venture into london much - so soory if these sound dumb questions

1.It is birmingham to euston that I need ?  - is that a direct train ?

2.Would a cab from Euston be feasible - or just too expensive ? 

Two options: New street to Euston or Moor Street to Marylebone.

Get the tube or overground. A cab would cost a bomb and would take longer. You no longer to buy a ticket or oyster for the under/overground/buses anymore if you have a contactless card, you can just use that to swipe in and out of the barriers. 

2 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Two options: New street to Euston or Moor Street to Marylebone.

Get the tube or overground. A cab would cost a bomb and would take longer. You no longer to buy a ticket or oyster for the under/overground/buses anymore if you have a contactless card, you can just use that to swipe in and out of the barriers. 

ok - some of the party don't have CC - can by two tickets con tactless ? - or could I lend them a card ?

And the tube stop i need is tottenham hale ? - is that direct from Euston ? 

Edited by hippo

2 minutes ago, Milfner said:

A cab would cost a bomb and would take longer.

A black cab would cost a small fortune. An Uber would probably be about £20.

Just now, hippo said:

ok - some of the party don't have CC - can by two tickets con tactless ? - or could I lend them a card ?

They could buy an oyster for themselves with a set amount on it. If you're only doing a return journey a fiver on it would suffice and the oyster doesn't expire so can use it the next time they go. Alternatively they could request a contactless card from their bank. 

You can take the Victoria Line from Euston.  You just look for the underground logo at Euston and head towards it. You’ll need a northbound train, they genuinely run every two minutes from the station. 

4 hours ago, hippo said:

And the tube stop i need is tottenham hale ? - is that direct from Euston ? 

I don't think you could use the same card, but you can definitely lend them a card.

I've done it myself when one of my mates didn't have a contactless card. The queue for tickets was gigantic so I gave him my credit card and he used that to swipe through.

You can use your phone as well if you have contactless payment on that. But again using the same card on your phone as someone else is using physically could be an issue

Can you not just buy a train ticket from new street to tottenham hale to save pissing about with oyster/cards etc. I usually do it when i go to stratford, just buy the ticket directly to Stratford and once you get to Euston you can just use the standard train ticket to navigate the underground as it is all included as they basically just add a standard day ticket for the relevant zones on to your ticket. It is not a one time use ticket, you can hop on whatever trains you want within zone 1-3 etc

Edited by LakotaDakota

You totally could buy a ticket from Birmingham to Tottenham Hale. It’s less flexible if the tube goes tits up. Transport for London really want to push people towards contactless payments at the moment, whether that’s with the Oyster card (which is probably only worth it if you are a frequent traveler in the capital) or via your debit card or mobile phone with Apple/Google pay. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your help so far. a few logistical questions if you could help me I would be grateful

The game starts at 2.30 and last for approx 3 hours - so a finish time of 5.30 - 6.00pm. The organisers advise getting there at least 1 hour before kick off

I looked on the trainline.com and I can get a train leaving new st at 10.30 - getting to Euston at 12.35 (£144  4 Adults) - do you think that sounds ok - for either the tube to tottenham or travel by Uber ???

Getting home is more tricky - as I could potentially reduce that £144 to £96 - if I can get a super off peak return - but finding out with a degree of confidence what time a super off peak return is seems a dark art 

So I could book at train leaving Euston @ 19.07 - would  1 hour 7 mins be enough either by tube or by uber from spurs to Euston ?

Â