Weekends Football 9/11 November

andykeenan

It's not often that you can draw parallels with United and Villa but I think their current situation is similar to ours over recent seasons. 

They have a good squad but a Manager failing to get the best out of them, good footballers producing shit football, getting by scraping sometimes fortunate wins that paper over the cracks. 

Then you have the media telling us all that Mourinho has done it all before, won the league etc (just as Bruce had won promotions) and that given time and backing will replicate it again. 

I just don't see it, they need to change Manager just as we needed to, today they didn't create anything in 90 minutes and even the penalty was out of the blue and somewhat fortunate/borderline. 

I accept that I was in the group of those here reluctant to change until it became blindingly obvious that it was needed, today I watched the United game with a shit ton of United fans whilst on holiday in Mexico and each one of them are completely bought into Mourinho and the media's bullshit. Its probably the worst United I've known in my lifetime and giving Mourinho more money to waste is not only not the answer but will set them back even further, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's not often that you can draw parallels with United and Villa but I think their current situation is similar to ours over recent seasons. 

They have a good squad but a Manager failing to get the best out of them, good footballers producing shit football, getting by scraping sometimes fortunate wins that paper over the cracks. 

Then you have the media telling us all that Mourinho has done it all before, won the league etc (just as Bruce had won promotions) and that given time and backing will replicate it again. 

I just don't see it, they need to change Manager just as we needed to, today they didn't create anything in 90 minutes and even the penalty was out of the blue and somewhat fortunate/borderline. 

I accept that I was in the group of those here reluctant to change until it became blindingly obvious that it was needed, today I watched the United game with a shit ton of United fans whilst on holiday in Mexico and each one of them are completely bought into Mourinho and the media's bullshit. Its probably the worst United I've known in my lifetime and giving Mourinho more money to waste is not only not the answer but will set them back even further, in my opinion. 

Do they have a good squad though? Defenders are park players. Midfield they started today would struggle in Championship

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Do they have a good squad though? Defenders are park players. Midfield they started today would struggle in Championship

They've got a better squad than their performances are showing, they're level on points with Bournemouth and Watford I think, do you think they are comparable squads? 

On 11/11/2018 at 06:45, Brumstopdogs said:

A Kevin Keegan-esque rant from Charlie Austin?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/southampton/11550663/angry-austin-fuming-with-officials

To be fair I can see why he is annoyed though.

I haven't seen the video but have heard the audio 2-3 times and if you didn't know anything about it, you'd swear it was from a teams fan cam.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â