Copa Libertadores

maqroll

The Boca - River derby is one I'd really love experience, especially at La Bombanera.

But can honestly i would not dare to :D Not until the redevelopment is done anyway because it might crash down on any given day.

But with that done it will likely lose some of what makes it such a magic place.

I think its one of those derbies that has a reason for it and gives it extra spice, might be wrong here but boca are from the poor part of BA and river from the affluent? There is traditionally a class divide between the fans 

I like it when stuff like that kicks up the rivalry, the old firm another obvious one, think the big tasty cairo one is between nationalists and a british empire founded club, better than the same city dont like each other 

5 hours ago, sne said:

The Boca - River derby is one I'd really love experience, especially at La Bombanera.

But can honestly i would not dare to :D Not until the redevelopment is done anyway because it might crash down on any given day.

But with that done it will likely lose some of what makes it such a magic place.

Iconic stadium, but very much in the wrong part of Buenos Aires. I was going to try and see a game there when I was in Argentina, but thought better of it. Unfortunately just not safe round La Boca. 

• Like 1

Build up to the game going well...

HEATED DEBATE: BOCA JUNIORS FAN BURNS DOWN RIVER PLATE FAN’S HOUSE AFTER ARGUMENT OVER SUPERCLASICO MATCH GOES UP IN FLAMES
When it comes to intense inter-club derby rivalries, a few may come close but it’s generally agreed that none come bitter-er on the face of this green Earth than those which exist between Boca Juniors and River Plate.

The two Buenos Aires clubs are set to play each other twice in the two-legged Copa Libertadores Final this month, with the first game scheduled to take place at La Bombonera this coming Saturday.

While an official decision is yet to be made, it’s thought that away fans will be banned from entering the respective stadiums (just as they have been across the country since 2013) in an attempt to increase security and reduce the ever-impending threat of violence.

However, that didn’t stop a pre-match argument between two rival fans about the Superclasico from getting completely and utterly out of hand, as reported by freelance Argentinian football writer Peter Coates…

View image on Twitter

Details are a little scarce, but we’re assuming/hoping that nobody was harmed in the fire.

Pure distilled insanity, and frankly nothing less than we’d expect from the wacky, life-endangering world of Argentinian football.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/south-america/279508/heated-debate-boca-juniors-fan-burns-down-river-plate-fans-house-after-argument-over-superclasico-match-goes-awry-photo.html

• Like 1

Wonder if we are scouting this game, or at least have someone watching it on the telly?

Not sure what position we are in when it comes to signing players from these clubs, no doubt we could offer salaries Boca and River would never do (Teves possibly excluded)

Magallan CB, Olaza LB, Barrios CM, Nandez CM, Villa Cano RW/FW,  Boca

Armani GK, Montiel RB, Palacios CM, Pity Martinez (off to Atlanta) River

Could all be worth watching, no doubt a lot of other clubs will.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder if we are scouting this game, or at least have someone watching it on the telly?

Not sure what position we are in when it comes to signing players from these clubs, no doubt we could offer salaries Boca and River would never do (Teves possibly excluded)

Magallan CB, Olaza LB, Barrios CM, Nandez CM, Villa Cano RW/FW,  Boca

Armani GK, Montiel RB, Palacios CM, Pity Martinez (off to Atlanta) River

Could all be worth watching, no doubt a lot of other clubs will.

They would need an EU passport or pointless signing them

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They would need an EU passport or pointless signing them

Most Argentinian players seem to be able to conjure up an Italian passport if needed :D

A few of those above are in the Colombian and Argentinian national sides.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Most Argentinian players seem to be able to conjure up an Italian passport if needed :D

A few of those above are in the Colombian and Argentinian national sides.

I think you need play 75 percent competitive national team games

Why we couldnt get Kalinic that time

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think you need play 75 percent competitive national team games

Why we couldnt get Kalinic that time

Yeah it's something like that, think there used to be exceptions for young big time talent players but no idea how the rules are now with Brexit and all that jam.

No doubt City, Chelsea or Manure could sign players we would not be allowed to.

the 75% of games thing is round one, on appeal you can argue exceptional talent that is better than anything else you could buy or argue that they will play 75% of the games in the next 2 years, utd, city, chelsea etc are far better at arguing than we are, probably claim that playing for such a high profile club will get them in the national team, there is maybe also a case that due to the nature of the position getting a young non EU goalkeeper is harder

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â