Copa Libertadores

maqroll

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'd have to say that the reaction of FIFA and the Argentinian authorities has been nothing short of disgraceful.

The players health proved less important than the Triads money.

Fixed for you

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

All this because police didn't secure that one street corner.

Why should the police have to answer for thuggery. They would have attacked bus regardless

The backlash will be bad for FIFA and Conmebol that it will be an empty stadium tomorrow or River kicked out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Why should the police have to answer for thuggery. They would have attacked bus regardless

The backlash will be bad for FIFA and Conmebol that it will be an empty stadium tomorrow or River kicked out

Honestly the first thought I had was were those police River fans? It's a legitimate question because the bad blood runs very deep there, cops are fans too. It would not surprise me if that was coordinated.

people are now saying that the stadium had been closed by the local authorities and river have to pay a fine before the game can go ahead. Not sure how true any of this is. 

After this mess, surely playing it tomorrow is only going to result in similar actions from brain dead fans?

I’m quite surprised the coach didn’t have armoured glass. It’s very common in South America to have bullet proof glass even in nice cars like Range Rovers. If that was the case these rocks and things would have just bounced off and the game would have gone ahead.

When the West Ham pelted the United coach year or 2 back the outer tinted glass broke but the inner toughened glass protected all inside.

The game seems to have been postponed for a second time. Boca players not in the right frame of mind. The stadium has already started letting people in. God knows when its going to be played now.

Â