UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Fight night was awesome. Good looking card for the 10th April too.

Big Country showing he's not to be underestimated, but you can't help but feel that he'll falter if he attempts to move up another level. Still, fair play to him, he's clearly not a flash in the pan.

Team RoughHouse showing their colours again, Ross Pearson looking good for his win. Seems the fightnight fights are better because of the lack of real top stars.

Team RoughHouse showing their colours again

Just watched the prelims, Andre Winner has some serious boxing. Probably top 5 in the UFC. very impressive. He needs to add some more to his arsenal to progress but it's looking good.

UFC 112 tomorrow, at the very reasonable Abu Dabi time of 11.30pm.

A couple of very good fights, Apart from the three main ones I'm really looking forward to see Osipczak, Etim, Johnson and the swede Gustafsson. He dwarfed Davies at the weigh-ins which was odd as Davis looked huge in his last fight.

Cant see BJ and Anderson loosing but Edgar can make a fight out of it and "if" Maia manages to get hold of a limb, he can submit Anderson in a flash.

War Gracie

Main Card

* Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia

* Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn vs. Frankie Edgar

* Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie

* Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Rafael dos Anjos

* Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz

Preliminary Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Phil Davis

* Lightweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. John Gunderson

* Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Rick Story

* Welterweight bout:DaMarques Johnson vs. Brad Blackburn

* Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Matt Veach

* Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Mostapha Al Turk

Very strange Anderson Silva fight yesterday.. First 2 rounds he was awesome, and then wtf??

I like Dana's comment that Anderson may be the first UFC champion to defend his title on the Preliminary Card. Haha.

I'm really not sure what happened? He was taking the piss throughout the fight, but was that perhaps because he was scared of engaging with Maia ? He kept him at range, which is understandable, but to the extent where he was only really throwing single punches or kicks, no combos.

The way he mocked his opponent was disgraceful. A bit of it is okay (arrogant, but he's that good), but with his performance or lack of, he mocked the sport and the fans. This isn't boxing, we want to be entertained.

Well, I saw some friggin great boxing, from Frankie Edgar! Never seen Penn outpointed like that. Awesome stuff and nice to have someone stirring the pot at the top.

Anderson, so dominant he got bored and rightfully heckled. Contrary to Laites, Maia at least tried. Take care of Sonnen and then move up permanently. The GSP is a no go, he's to small.

Gracie - Hughes, oldtimers huffin an puffin.

Grove - Munoz was entertaining though, so was Etim - Dos Anjos. The latter showing good improvement after the Stephens and Griffin losses.

Gustafsson had absolutely no jujitsu defence. He dealt with the wrestling but after that it was all Davis

****Spoilers*****

Henderson got owned by Jake Shields in the last strikeforce event. Mayhem Miller got in the cage during the interview and the Diaz brothers jumped him. Pandemonium ensured. :lol: Not going well for the promoter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vau4RSvV834

Dana White was pleased with that :)

kalopaacp.jpg

Also, Aioki was dominated by Melendez and King Mo Lawal upset Mousasi. The latter I thought not!

Been watching the Bellator tournament as well, much better production than Strikeforce and all around better fights. Good startup promotion that!

If you missed WEC 48 this weekend, make sure you see it. Fantastic card, great fights and the brawl to end all brawls!

And Faber ate one or two legkicks :o

A few days ago

iqn.jpg

Today

faber-leg-2_medium.jpg

UFC 113, rematch for the 205 title between Machida and Rua

And trashtalk galore from Daley and Koscheck, the winner gets GSP.

And a shitload of canadians on the card. Stout I like.

And Kimbo :lol:

Main Card

* Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Lyoto Machida © vs. Mauricio Rua

* Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley

* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens

* Heavyweight bout: The Bahamas Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione

* Middleweight bout: Patrick Côté vs. Alan Belcher

Preliminary Card

* Middleweight bout: Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor

* Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet

* Welterweight bout: TJ Grant vs. Johny Hendricks

* Heavyweight bout: Tim Hague vs. Joey Beltran

* Welterweight bout: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon

* Middleweight bout: Jason MacDonald vs. John Salter

Anyone know if Mariusz Pudzianowski has a chance of getting into UFC(I don't know much about any of this), he has won both his MMA fights, not great skill wise, but an absolute animal, former world strongest man.

Anyone know if Mariusz Pudzianowski has a chance of getting into UFC(I don't know much about any of this), he has won both his MMA fights, not great skill wise, but an absolute animal, former world strongest man.

Heh, just about to watch the fight :) We might get a bit more on that after his fight with Sylvia in 2 weeks. He'll have to cut a lot of weight though to make 265 and that takes away his size advantage. If he beats Sylvia I reckon he'll go to Japan to fight in Dream or Sengoku. They really like the freaks of the fighting world, Bob Sapp and Hong Man Choi are huge (coat please) over there.

Â