Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not, you've made that up, no integrity has been questioned. The point is unarmed civilians get shot by the police/military and not punished for it, here and in other countries. It is not  something that is exclusively happening in Israel and it is not as you claimed in your initial post.

Your statement was incorrect.

No UK police officer sets out for their shift with muderous intent. In the IDF it is commonplace. Hence why you're citing a handful of cases where prosecution has not emerged, trying to draw equivalence to the norm in Israel of daily executions without even an eyebrow raised let alone a court case.

37 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No UK police officer sets out for their shift with muderous intent. In the IDF it is commonplace. Hence why you're citing a handful of cases where prosecution has not emerged, trying to draw equivalence to the norm in Israel of daily executions without even an eyebrow raised let alone a court case.

Its you who drew the parallel not me, I was pointing out why your words were incorrect. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its you who drew the parallel not me, I was pointing out why your words were incorrect. 

My original post

"in the UK you would be arrested and given a prison sentence for shooting someone in those circumstances. I think this is why so many get fed up with Israel - on one hand there is their insistence that they're a democracy just like the west, they allow gay people to be free just like the west - but on the other they are intent on annihilating an entire people. If they want to be considered natural allies, then they need to change their behaviour."

You've countered that it happens in the UK. I take your inference to be that there's an equivalence. I disagree. I'll stop boring y'all. 

• Like 2

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/09/netanyahu-rejected-ceasefire-for-hostages-deal-in-gaza-sources-say?fbclid=PAAabEiBKXFNd-cAiehElwm-rHWVZmsBRNwM619DDBf-a3oUk9qU_o5hRlKrk_aem_AbKxnqVwr2WIMg

Benjamin Netanyahu has publicly rejected any idea of a ceasefire multiple times.

Netanyahu rejected ceasefire-for-hostages deal in Gaza, sources say

Israeli PM said to have turned down proposal in early talks and continues to take tough 

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Rather selective quoting. 5 day ceasefire in return for SOME of the hostages. It doesn't mention how many

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Rather selective quoting. 5 day ceasefire in return for SOME of the hostages. It doesn't mention how many

Sorry my pasting messed up but 

According to three sources familiar with the talks, the original deal on the table involved freeing children, women and elderly and sick people in exchange for a five-day ceasefire, but the Israeli government turned this down and demonstrated its rejection with the launch of the ground offensive.

Â