French Football

Zatman

Couldnt find a PSG or French football thread anywhere but tonight PSG play a cup final vs a 3rd division team fighting relegation. Labelled as most one sided final in history.

Vendee Les Herbiers are 70/1 :o

I also believe this is the 4th 3rd tier team in 20 years to make the final in France

Maybe one for the liverpool thread instead, fekir is linked with a big move this summer with the early rumours £70m to liverpool 

Not sure of hes any good but another attacking midfielder for that much money while they have 2 clowns to pick from in goal and lovren at CB...

• 4 years later...
12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Reviving this topic after an absolute classic of a game last night.  Not going to post any spoilers; just enjoy the chaos (has to be watched in YouTube rather than embedded):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6xFnUkOwHo

Madness though I think the keeper red card is harsh. 

Guingamp scored some fine goals though, the first non penalty they scored is a goal you rarely see now from strikers

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Madness though I think the keeper red card is harsh. 

Guingamp scored some fine goals though, the first non penalty they scored is a goal you rarely see now from strikers

I thought the same initially, but I think he does aim a kick deliberately.

But yeah - all the non-penalty goals from Guingamp are ace :D 

Edited by bobzy

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

The keepers leg is in a very unnatural position

ED0-D1-E25-74-A2-4351-82-E4-646-BE5-AE90

Even if it’s not deliberate it’s still a red for endangering the other player.

He is potentially endangering his own player who is as close. Its the reason I deemed it harsh

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Reviving this topic after an absolute classic of a game last night.  Not going to post any spoilers; just enjoy the chaos (has to be watched in YouTube rather than embedded):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6xFnUkOwHo

Incredible, and yet the strangest thing about that video for me is that there is a Vålerenga (my Norwegian club) banner i the home end. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Great game. But it's quite strange that Guingamp are playing against 8 men but had to rely on absolute screamers to win the game

I like to think that, playing against 8 men, they thought conventional goals would be too easy and imposed a rule on themselves whereby they could only shoot from outside the box. 

• Haha 1

Â