Strong City

villab0y

Did anyone watch the programme about this last night?

Basically a cult in the U.S lead by Michael Travesser

cult1.jpg

And he predicted the end of the world to be 31/10/07. (later changed to 15/12/07 once he first date had passed!?)

Well a film maker went in and got to know these people before the 'end' and unearthed some very sickening facts.

He would cliam to be the messiah and would free women by sleeping with them. Including his Daughter-in-Law

At one point he was close to admitting sleeping with minors.

What made me most sick was when the interveiewer asked him if he though that children born into the cult were missing out on the chance to choose what they wanted to do, as he asked there we 3 kids ages about 13/14 and they all fell about laughing.

He claims they have had a choice and decided not live in the world of sin.

What kind of people believe things like this?

I find it really hard to understand how a person could be so naive.

Channel 4 Link

Yeah I saw that documentary, it was just the usual wacko cult nonsense. How someone as moronic as that michael guy can brainwash people into following him and believing he is the son of god is mindblowing and very sad.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." Carl Sagan

a similer case to that of waco, texas, i done a project on that in school, this is why i hate all religion so much, i see it all as cults and should be abolished, not that this would ever happen as its impossible to do so! religion causes all war, and is led by sick minded individuals, and the ppl that join any religion arent all there in the head either!

releigion doesnt pay the bills or put food on the table, its an inconvieniance to life!

Yeah I saw this. What a bunch of total mental loons!

I loved how when the world didn't end as he predicted he just changed the date til later :shock:

I felt sorry for the kids who he had brainwashed though. And his son looked a broken man, poor bugger.

The leader really should be arrested and locked up as soon as.

releigion doesnt pay the bills or put food on the table, its an inconvieniance to life!

Unless of course you are the head of the church.

Ron Hubbard is a great example of how to become rich through religion. Science fiction books not selling too well? Well, rewrite them into a religion instead!

IMO early religion was created as a means of control. When you don't have the resources to physically keep a population under control it's alot easier to mentally keep them under control instead. It's nothing more than the next step up from the fairytales parents tell kids to teach them morals.

• Like 1

Ron Hubbard is a great example of how to become rich through religion. Science fiction books not selling too well? Well, rewrite them into a religion instead!

ah yes, im currently being bombarded with that $h!t through the post, all because i bought one book about dianetics (i think!)

ironically enough when i was at school, i always got As in my coursework in RE, shame i hated the subject! if only i got an A for IT, not not an E, lol!

i know a vicar, he does quite well for himself. Think its also a little unfair to generalise all religion and especially to compare the beliefs of millions to those handful of idiots on last nights program.

ah yes, im currently being bombarded with that $h!t through the post, all because i bought one book about dianetics (i think!)

Let me guess, they grabbed you outside pizza hut in town asking if you'd like a free stress test? :P

Let me guess, they grabbed you outside pizza hut in town asking if you'd like a free stress test? :P

LOL, got it in one, and at the time, as i was really stressed under as id just had a job interveiw (i didnt get it cuz of my brummy accent - read other topic! lol) i thought, why not!

did they get you like that?

I watched this, such a ridiculous thing. If you predict the apocalypse you set yourself up to be laughed at. If it happens no-one is going to be able to say what a genius he is, but every time he's wrong he's just going to look like an idiot.

Quite a disturbing program, at one point they asked this girl about whether she'd been brainwashed, "yes, Michael has washed my brain of all it's sins", YOU'RE A BUNCH OF MORONS!!!!!! :evil: It wound me up quite a lot as you can see, but it was amusing in parts.

LOL, got it in one, and at the time, as i was really stressed under as id just had a job interveiw (i didnt get it cuz of my brummy accent - read other topic! lol) i thought, why not!

did they get you like that?

Yep. A fair few of my friends have been got by them as well. I didn't buy the book though! When I realised it was scientology I laughed at them and started asking when the aliens were coming back and they weren't too happy.

LOL, got it in one, and at the time, as i was really stressed under as id just had a job interveiw (i didnt get it cuz of my brummy accent - read other topic! lol) i thought, why not! did they get you like that?

Yep. A fair few of my friends have been got by them as well. I didn't buy the book though! When I realised it was scientology I laughed at them and started asking when the aliens were coming back and they weren't too happy.

hahaha.. same thing happened to me a few years back. Got stopped outside Pizza Hut, and ended up buying the same book about dianetics!

when that leader clearing in the woods said god made him shag his daughter in law more than once

i just could'nt stop laughing.

was she hot? :D :winkold:

no not at all

she just looked like a plain in bred stupid american clearing in the woods

mind you i would (but that's not saying a lot)

:D