Playoffs 2017-18: Divisional Playoffs

Tegis

Lost to the Buccaneers in similar fashion the other week so I feared the worse

If only they’d got that 1 yard before the FG .... young team hopefully they will kick on next year and learn from this experience 

great game , another one for the American football is dull brigade 

Edited by tonyh29

I had this crazy dream last night  .. we were 17-0 down in a play off game and came back to take the lead with 30 seconds left only to lose it on the last throw of the game

stuff like that would never happen   .. I'm off the the NFL website now to check the score 

tbh at half time with Vikings Kick off I was more concerned that we'd " beat" the Falcons 59-0 (modern era) record loss , it was such a one sided affair  ... to come back the way we did  and then lose it  .. I must admit it  made me more gutted than I anticipated I'd feel over a game of American football ...  but has also given me an insight into what it's like to be a West Ham fan when every younger player is world class and next year is going to be our year  :) 

Was talking to my work colleagues today about the game , they weren't remotely impressed with the drama I was trying to explain to them  ...  these are people that watch 5 day test matches and say the game (NFL)  is too long and not enough happens for long periods !! 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I fell asleep at 17-0. What an ending, sucks for the Saints :)

obsessed :D

I did wonder how many people switched off at Half time and woke up to that score line and thought WTF happened there

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm not an NFL fan so didn't watch the game or anything, but Saints/Vikings seemed incredible so I watched the highlights...

...does the clock hitting 0:00 not matter if the ball is in play or something?

No. As a game, it's play by play.

• Like 1

What  a game! Watched the game last night... not ideal when I was up at 5am for work but worth it!

The second half might be the best NFL game i've seen (granted, I'm still new to it!)

Absolutely brilliant stuff. Well, maybe not for @tonyh29!

1 hour ago, Xela said:

What  a game! Watched the game last night... not ideal when I was up at 5am for work but worth it!

The second half might be the best NFL game i've seen (granted, I'm still new to it!)

Absolutely brilliant stuff. Well, maybe not for @tonyh29!

yeah suppose I'm bit gutted but equally I’m relieved it wasn’t 49 nil  or something cause for a while it looked the most likely outcome !! 

Maybe it was payback from Prince’s ghost for me illegally downloading his album that time :) 

But on one hand we’ve been 7-9 for the past 4 years so it’s nice to have at least made the playoffs and looking at Kamara , Thomas , Lattimore  etc it’s possible we can have a better run at it next year  ( us and everyone else of course !! )

But on the other hand , to have come back the way they did and then lose it in that way , was a heck of a sucker punch ...But not totally unexpected   our last 3 games we lost to the Bucs  with a few secs on the clock , would have lost to the Panthers  but for the light man at the Dome manging to shine one directly into Funchess’s eyes :) and then lost again at the death v the Vikings  ... guess if we can fix that then we might be able to go a bit further 

Â