• Baros
    • Van Bommel
    • Hofland
    • Jagielka
    • Cahill
    • MG Pedersen
    • Other

Today (22nd o' May)

It has been very quiet today and i reckon a new transfer is brewing wether its any one of the signings DOL has been working on, Van Bommel, Yakubu, Baros or who ever. It just seems strange that there hasnt been much news at all today.

I hope i'm right

Michael :?

it is the weekend, even football managers have time off work.

i would say the next signing will be next thursday at the earliest, that gives players time to sign, medicals, contracts and the rest of the crap that goes with signing a player nowdays.

oh and i still think he may go for matteo

I would absoulutley love Baros to join the villa but unfortunately i can't see it happening however if it does come true then i'm getting his name on the back of me shirt next season!

even the guardian are talking about gamst pedersen, we've definitely been to watch him and i reckon it might be sorted sooner rather than later because we'll be keen that he doesn't play too many games over the summer so he has a nice long rest before the season starts, on the other hand i suppose it might be a while before it happens because tromso will want to hold onto him for as long as possible as he'll have nothing to do if he moves now

even the guardian are talking about gamst pedersen, we've definitely been to watch him and i reckon it might be sorted sooner rather than later

Just because we've watched a player doesn't mean that we will buy him. They could just be keeping an eye on him.

We've watched lots of players - Kezman, Berson, Gillet....the list goes on and they'll be many we don't know about - so to say you think we'll sign someone just because we've watched him once is off imo.

Where is all this money coming from everyone is trying to spend?

We have very little after the Laursen deal! To keep talking about new players and getting your hopes up is wrong - because you'll just be even more annoyed when they don't come off.

well if villa have contacted liver poo over baros which seems true, then i presume we would have to pay money for him of at least 2 million, so im guessing that we have atleast 2 million left.

with the knuckle draggers buying peskey it has placed pressure on ellis to deliver a couple big name players ( not the huge names but big names) so i dont for one minute hold the same negative view when it concerns money for players.

i would say that there is another 5-6 million left for players as this would be the money that we got for the possition in the league. it wont have escaped dougs attention that when we climbed the table we appeared on more live games than were planned which also meant more money and as DOL had only bought 3 players was being given a dry run before a large amount of money was made available.

if villa have contacted liver poo over baros which seems true

It is, Baros, agent confirmed an official approach.

Unfortunately, agents talk a lot of rubbish. I have no uncles or cousins mopping at B6, but if we've got a clue here, we are looking for a year loan with option to buy.

Pool paid a decent sum for Baros, from what my scouser friend tells me they are a little uncertain about Milan, and would probably prefer to test him elsewhere rather than risk an underperforming season if he doesn't pan out.

This way we could keep our precious kitty, and secure the transfer rights next summer if Baros impresses the Holte.

Pederson is an interesting case too, and would seem to be an adequate solution for both those like me who dream of Villa having an explosive left winger to mirror Nol, and those who think Barry deserves another season to prove he can do his thing (which he undoubtedly does pretty often) on a weekly basis. Bring Pederson in, introduce him slowly (and carefully) so he can get used to the pace of the prem: we 'll have a star for the future and a backup for Gaz.

Ofcourse, if we do have the six mill we are quoted by some as having, I say we table a bid for D'Alessandro and shock the soccer world with our ambition.

Went for other because I think that the Yakubu rumour has no substance; I'm sceptical about the Baros link; I doubt MVB is even remotely a possibility of playing for us; Hofland's a CB and we just signed one (yes I know D'OL said he wants another); Jagielka and Cahill...these two probably aren't worth the financial risk given our limited kitty; MGP maybe but I doubt it, he'll probably get snapped up by ManUtd.

So I reckon it won't be any on that list. I'm going for a loan or Bosman signing of a backup player for our defense. Huth from Chelsea as has been rumoured or someone else that hasn't cropped up yet as back-up for Jlloyd. God knows who, but that's just my gut feeling.

To be honest, I'm excited for this Pedersen bloke. I am excited PERIOD! I cannot wait until next season, to be honest...I am planning on flying to England again. If I can go once a year....I just have to.

Ok, damn it...back to subject heading- Van Bommel is who I picked, it is the same silence that was before mcCann, Solano and Laursen. I think we've got'im mates! I want Pedersen too...and LANDON DONOVAN!

I am pretty confident of DOL signing a couple of players in the summer, however it sometimes annoys me that he always acts so business-man like. the way the keeps everything so quiet but then again this can be a good thing because if he blabed to every one that he was gonna' sign there prices would rise and this would mean him not signing the players and our hopes would be crushed

Michael :x Frustrating

• 3 years later...
I would absoulutley love Baros to join the villa but unfortunately i can't see it happening however if it does come true then i'm getting his name on the back of me shirt next season!

Hahaha this is GOLD.

Â