World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Ozil has quit Germany citing racism and thst he doesnt feel German

Though it has taken him 5 international tournamemts and nearly 100 caps to discover that he doesnt feel German is quite bizarre

He hasn’t said that. In fact he’s kind of said the opposite. 

It’s that he feels others, particularly the DFB, don’t treat him like he’s German despite the fact that he feels as German as anyone else. 

• Like 2

_102642228_ozil_getty2.jpg

the rumours during the tournament that he was getting stick over this meeting and merkel had been trying to use him for turkish politics is starting to sound likely

for me it was another case of watching him play thinking he's strolling round not really doing much and then you see this 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

_102642228_ozil_getty2.jpg

the rumours during the tournament that he was getting stick over this meeting and merkel had been trying to use him for turkish politics is starting to sound likely

for me it was another case of watching him play thinking he's strolling round not really doing much and then you see this 

Them stats are a bit misleading. He takes set pieces along with Kroos

just came here to post the same, he's not holding back is he? him or me by the sounds of it and i would expect that guys head to roll shortly, just the 5-7m people in germany with some sort of turkish heritage, this will create a big problem for them

Well Hoeness isnt wrong. Ozil has all skill in world but zero application. Mourinho tore into hin in Real dressing room for same reason. Ozil from 2010 compared now is worlds apart

Letter he wrote is probably most he has worked in years

• Haha 1

and yet he's been voted german player of the year 4 times since then!

he's obviously a popular player who a lot of people in germany will relate to, like i said big problems heading their way, probably a reshuffle at the very top, lahm came out last week trying to tell low how to do his job with the youngsters in the squad (low's done well to ride this out, no way would an english manager survive this)

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and yet he's been voted german player of the year 4 times since then!

He hasnt.  Has won it twice since 2014 in 2015 where Germany were poor in Euro qualifying losing to Ireland and Poland and 2016 when they were meh in France

Edited by Zatman

In that match against Korea, Ozil created loads of quality scoring opportunities. He honestly should have had 5 assists in that one match, but none of those chances were taken.

If the team is winning, Ozil is barely noticed, but if they are losing, people wonder what is Ozil doing. 

His general demeanor on the pitch doesn't help him because he looks like he doesn't want to be there, but he is a great player and probably the best creator of chances in all of Europe. 

• Like 1

not sure how they solve the internal rift, Low picked a fair few names out of form, werner didnt step up at all, they created chances in their games

sane will come in, henrichs, tah, couple of decent midfielders like dahoud, just dont see the goalscorer for them

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't see Germany challenging for 2020 personally, will need to use that as rebuilding tournamnet and come back strong for 2022.

They have already blooded youngsters in Confed Cup last year. Plus Nations League will give them good experience of higher level

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have already blooded youngsters in Confed Cup last year. Plus Nations League will give them good experience of higher level

They desperately need a striker because Werner is frankly an anti-striker who won't score at a good level. Arp has an amazing record at youth level so I wonder if he can develop into a top player, 2020 probably too soon for him though. 

they blooded in players who made the world cup squad!!

werner, sule, brandt, kimmich, goretzka, draxler

the only ones really missing were henrichs,  emre can and sane

remember max meyer? he's currently a free agent, cant find a club

A few of their young players have stagnated in recent times, Julian Wiegl of Dortmund was raved about on another forum I'm on but he was poor last season, Dahooud hasn't really stepped up either, Josh Kimmich had a hit and miss WC, Gnarby will probably struggle for minutes at Bayern Munich and will have to see if Tah will turn out to good enough CB.

I think for 2020 they'll give Hummels-Boateng-Kross-Khederia-Draxler tournament to redeem themselves. Time will tell if that's a good move or not. Then rebuild and fresher team for Qatar.

Â