U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

45 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Only watched 60 minutes or so but thought we looked pretty poor. Tshibola looked good when on the ball but not great off it. Fulham's number 10 seemed to be the best player on the pitch. Thought Clark was really poor at RB. He looked like he was not up for it at all. He kept losing his man and he was in no rush to run back. Overall pretty poor showing with Fulham looking the much better side.

Clark was playing out of position, he's naturally a centre back, I thought he did ok against Jordan Graham

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Clark was playing out of position, he's naturally a centre back, I thought he did ok against Jordan Graham

A number of times they ran in behind him and he didn't track back and stayed high up the pitch. It was very weird. I hear he is out of contract soon?

He's still one of the youngest in the squad, and 3rd youngest of the regular starters (behind Bedeau & Knibbs). So he may have time on his side. He is usually a centre back but he has been employed at RB in the past too so he's not completely out of position there. Maybe just a bad day at the office. 

• Like 1

Our U23s are in action for the second time in four days later this evening when they take on Sheffield United at Hednesford Town's Keys Park.

The match, which kicks-off at 7pm, is a re-arranged Premier League Cup tie that was called off due to a frozen pitch at the end of November.

Matija Sarkic and Jake Doyle-Hayes are both due to start against the Blades as our Young Lions look to bounce back from the 3-1 loss to Fulham U23s on Monday night.

We currently sit second in Premier League Cup Group E, three points adrift of leaders Ipswich Town.

Kevin MacDonald's side beat West Bromwich Albion 3-1 in their Cup opener back in September, and face the Baggies and Sheffield United away as well as Ipswich at home after tonight's encounter.

The top two teams advance to the knockout stage.

It's free entry for season ticket holders at Keys Park this evening, or £4 for adults and £1 for U16s. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/01/11/u23-preview-as-young-lions-return-to-cup-action 

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

3-0 at the end, Clarke and Cox with the other two goals and an hour for Andre Green. Good stuff.

I think that might put us top of our group, at least temporarily.

Was that Jack Clarke?..