U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

With an unfit Jedinak starting at CB yesterday, am i right to surmise that none of our young center backs are ready for the first team? 

We may or may not have any CB's who are fist-team ready, but I don't think it would have made any difference to Bruce's selection yesterday anyway. He's been dying to play Jedinak as a CB all season. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

With an unfit Jedinak starting at CB yesterday, am i right to surmise that none of our young center backs are ready for the first team? 

I think Easah Suliman is ready now, he's 20 next month, I think he's a great talent, Niall Mason who we let go to Doncaster Rovers in the Summer was good too I thought 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If any player in the youth setup that is at least 19 years of age and plays as either a centre half or as a striker is not good enough to get in to our match day squad right now. 

Then they never will be and may as well be sold.

But there is ready and Steve Bruce ready. We could have the next David Silva in the ranks but he would never get near the squad under Bruce

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But there is ready and Steve Bruce ready. We could have the next David Silva in the ranks but he would never get near the squad under Bruce

Well if that was true Green, Davis and O'hare would never have had first team football this season. 

I think if youth players were good enough they would play. Especially during an injury crisis and complete lack of form from certain senior players. 

Bruce and his coaching team as well as the youth coaching team are in a better place to judge if a player is good enough to play in the Championship or not. To me it appears they aren't and most likely never will be. 

Hi BOF could you please tell me if the 41 player list on page 1 is up to date, as I was under the impression that Swift and Watkins were released. I'm sure Swift plays for Margate and Watkins did play for Slough (not sure if we re signed him). Reason I'm asking , is I'm playing FM 18 and wanted an up to date full squad list that the club website doesn't provide.

48 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Hi BOF could you please tell me if the 41 player list on page 1 is up to date, as I was under the impression that Swift and Watkins were released. I'm sure Swift plays for Margate and Watkins did play for Slough (not sure if we re signed him). Reason I'm asking , is I'm playing FM 18 and wanted an up to date full squad list that the club website doesn't provide.

Hi Eddie, they're still on the OS U23 squad page, but I doubt that's particularly up to date either.  So I don't know tbh.  It's really as much a record for posterity of who was available during the U23 season (even if they leave mid-season).

On 12/24/2017 at 04:32, av1 said:

You can assume that our manager is terrified of taking any risks at all, especially a young player that hasn’t proven himself in the first team.  Whether they are truly capable or not we can’t possibly know, they’ve never been tried.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron Tshibola will make his Aston Villa U23s comeback this evening when the Young Lions host Fulham U23s in Premier League 2 at Villa Park.

Tshibola plays for the first time since returning from his loan spell at Milton Keynes Dons in November.

The midfielder will be joined by the likes of Jake Doyle-Hayes and Harry McKirdy, whileRushian Hepburn-Murphy could also be involved after coming on as a substitute in Steve Bruce's first team for the last three matches.

Villa are currently third in PL2 Division 2 going into tonight's fixture, and could top the table with victory in B6.

Fulham are five points adrift of us in fifth. 

Back in August, we beat the visitors 3-2 at Craven Cottage after goals from Easah Suliman, Jordan Lyden and Harvey Knibbs.

Tonight's match will be live on our Official YouTube channel.

For supporters wishing to attend the match, it's free entry for season ticket holders or £4 for adults and £1 for U16s. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/01/08/tshibola-to-play-as-u23s-host-fulham 

• Like 2

Only watched 60 minutes or so but thought we looked pretty poor. Tshibola looked good when on the ball but not great off it. Fulham's number 10 seemed to be the best player on the pitch. Thought Clark was really poor at RB. He looked like he was not up for it at all. He kept losing his man and he was in no rush to run back. Overall pretty poor showing with Fulham looking the much better side.