U23 Development League 2017/2018

BOF

Hey @OutByEaster? What is McKirdy's playing style like? Who does he remind you of most in how he plays? I was chatting with SGC who sees him more of an attacking midfielder. He seems to have been banging them in for a while now in the reserves.

I do remember McCleish (I know, I know) talking about Weimann when he couldn't stop scoring for the reserves. He basically said there comes a point when more reserve football is a waste of time and you just have to throw them into the 1st team to see if they sink or swim.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Hey @OutByEaster? What is McKirdy's playing style like? Who does he remind you of most in how he plays? I was chatting with SGC who sees him more of an attacking midfielder. He seems to have been banging them in for a while now in the reserves.

I do remember McCleish (I know, I know) talking about Weimann when he couldn't stop scoring for the reserves. He basically said there comes a point when more reserve football is a waste of time and you just have to throw them into the 1st team to see if they sink or swim.

For me, he wasn't as good a second striker as he is a poacher - he played on the shoulder of the last man last night, and used his movement and his pace and it's the best I've seen of him by a distance. In terms of who he's like, it's hard to say, he's a busy bee with good feet and stronger than his slight frame would have you think - size and strength will be his problem, he's not the youngest here, but he hasn't bulked up in the same way as for example O'Hare. I think there's a future for him up top in the right system at a reasonable level, potentially here depending on whether he has another development surge in him.

• Thanks 2

The boys are away at Ipswich tonight and 1-0 down at the moment. We could do with a win to give us a bit of control over our group.

It's weaker team for the cup games than the one we put out in the league - but Bedeau, Cox, Clarke and Corey-Taylor are all familiar enough names - and Viktor Johansson in goal too.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks OBE, on a Sunday? How do you know that?

It's almost like some don't check our fixture list ;);)

Anyhoo, I note it was a relatively changed first team.  Sarkic back in goal.  Borg in after missing 3 starts.  Finnerty's 3rd start of the season.  Cox's first start in 5.  Blackett-Taylor rested.