E3 2017

Chindie

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im easily confused nowadays, im sure i watched sony last year and it wasnt that late but that might have been PS experience, also dont remember them being on a weekend before

sony always seems to be around 2am.

The weekend thing is a little weird, E3 is really a trade show and runs Tues/Weds/Thurs but as gaming is now so big/mainstream all of the big players have these big conferences a day ot two before the proper show even begins now.

Show everything off a day or two before to the public then sell it to retail buyers for the next few days. Guess it makes the buyers job for places like gamestop/target/walmart a bit easier. If the see millions of people saying something is great on twitter then make sure you buy plenty, If people don't care/say it looks shite (sea of thieves...)  then be wary

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Forgot about Arkham Insurgency. That's an open secret at this point, surely will get revealed.

I have zero hopes for that game to actually be good, maybe I'll be wrong, but each game since Arkham Asylum has been slightly worse than the game before it. 

I've no doubt it'll be weak. Be interesting to see what they do with it still. They can't just pump out a straight up sequel, and I don't have much faith in them changing much without breaking something

I think Asylum and City were neck and neck really - Asylum has the really good tight Metroidvania style and City becomes more rambling but gives you great traversal and tweaked fight mechanics, Knight gets let down by the Batmobile stuff and a plot everyone who knows anything Batman can see through, and Origins is just a step down in quality (they somehow broke the fight system in it).

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Gotham by gaslight or GTFO

It's going to be a Robin origin-esque thing, apparently.

Because everyone loves Robin, right?

...Right?!

Random guess at a minor prediction (for all I know this might already be a Thing) - Playerunknown's Battlegrounds gets some form of console exclusivity deal announced. Be that timed, exclusive content or genuinely exclusive.

I'd be shocked of there's no mention of a console version of it at all, it's been too much of a craze on PC.... Scorpio? Given Microsoft's predilection for multiplayer being spoken about in recent times in light of Sony smashing single player stuff out the park...

Or I could be completely wrong!

• Like 1

@Chindie The creator of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has plans for a console version of the game, but unless things have changed nothing will start on that version until the PC version is completed. 

More news about PUBG and what is in the pipeline will be shown at the PC Gamer Conference on Monday.

PS. If this game is going to make a shock appearance it will be on the Xbox stage. Microsoft have the Game Preview program, so it wouldn't surprise me if the game is announced as a Game Preview title set to arrive in the next 12 months. This would also tie into Player Unknown's plans, as an interview in May had him stating he was looking into Xbox One as a port priority.   

• Like 1

I've been playing Battlegrounds on the PC. It's bare bones, lots of bugs and the performance isn't the best, but the concept is great and is has a lot of potential. Playing it with a headset on is intense.

I'm sure I've read that it will be released on both consoles but on Xbox first. 

Anyway, I predict that if they stick with it and it comes out on consoles, it will be a massive hit. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

Exactly.

It's a home run for anyone prepared to chase it. It's a bloody simple idea apparently done well (if a bit rough ATM), and it ticks loads of multiplayer boxes.

I could see Microsoft gunning for it and pushing for at least timed exclusivity.

If as said above they're already working on an Xbox version... Surely, surely that turns up in the Microsoft conference? Even if it's only in a sizzle reel.

Anywho. EA tonight.

Does anyone care?

You can literally predict all of it.

Saying that, Bioware are supposedly showing their secret project. Which is going to be a Destiny-like apparently.

Maybe the Star Wars thing were got a glimpse of last year?

Otherwise it's the usual... 

Edited by Chindie

I'm watching for the Visceral Games 'Star Wars' reveal as it's out next year, I'd assume gameplay is guaranteed this evening.

I'm also watching in the hopes that BioWare's secret 'Project Daniel' appears which as @Chindie stated above is EA's move into the Destiny space.

Project Daniel looks like it'll be at Microsoft tomorrow too. One of the devs tweeted reveal today, more tomorrow.

But..  It's just gonna be their take on Destiny. So the Division then.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Project Daniel looks like it'll be at Microsoft tomorrow too. One of the devs tweeted reveal today, more tomorrow.

But..  It's just gonna be their take on Destiny. So the Division then.

The Division was just one take on Destiny. I think BioWare will have a different take on it while learning real-world does not work.

It's good news that the 10 seconds of Project Daniel was of a more sci-fi setting. It's easier to sell an RPG shooter in that setting than the setting The Division chose.  

Â