E3 2017

Chindie

Just now, villa4europe said:

the explosions look incredible

again the online co-op team stuff doesnt appeal to me in the slightest, the chat in that demo was horrific

Yeah they sounded so bored :lol:

Nothing from 343 at all?

Anthem looks like something I'd play of it wasn't a Destiny alike.

That conference was a failure. Loads of games but nothing earth shattering, very little exclusive at all, and nothing even approaching a killer app. That, combined with that price tag, DOA.

A poor hour and three quarters. The Pro and X have shown to me that both Sony and MS have jumped the gun big time in regards this mid cycle console upgrade, or whatever the heck you want to call it. It's simply unnecessary. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see what the media make of it, i thought it was really poor both in terms of content and presentation, hated all the little exclusive and world premiere stuff and if I had "4K" on the e3 drinking bingo I'd be in a coma by now

personally I don't think they even out did sonys from last year, unless racing is your thing then the most exciting games coming out in the next year aren't Xbox exclusives, 3 years on and cuphead is still the best thing on their roster 

other than metro was there a single unannounced major surprise in the entire show? I don't mean lucky or new mine craft I mean comparable to days gone, last of us, God of war, uncharted dlc type bombs being dropped, it massively lacked excitement and shock

Edited by villa4europe

It's Sony's conference again. They are pulling good exclusive content out of the bag and they have begun deals with major 3rd party franchises.

Compare to Microsoft. Next to nothing exclusive, few third party deals...

That conference was shit.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

This doesn't look good enough to have been coming for this long. Even with great destruction.

They really needed to show the multiplayer today. 

What they showed was Crackdown 3's single player which has none of the destruction advertised in tech demo's.

It is the multiplayer component that has that destruction and they showed none of it which is concerning. Surely the most next-gen part of Crackdown 3 would be shown..

This conference was alright..

Metro Exodus was neat looking, but it's a multi-platform game it's hitting PS4 at the same time as Xbox One X and PC so nothing that sells Xbox's.

PUBG appearing is cool. I had a feeling if it was appearing anywhere it would be the Xbox stage. Microsoft are the only console company that is okay with the whole "early access" model. So PUBG will call Xbox One its home in Alpha/Beta form until it's 100% developed and then it will hit PS4 no doubt. 

I am struggling to remember anything else at the show..

Crackdown 3 put its worst foot forward personally. It looked dated and the single player portion is its most basic form. This should have been the cloud connected, cloud computed multiplayer mode shown off. No one is getting excited by Crackdown 3's single player based on that trailer. Microsoft you better start showing the goods here or this exclusive will not sell well.

Assassins Creed looked cool. It's interesting that it's pretty much an RPG this time round. There was levelling, loot, tiered rarity loot, level locked enemies.. Standard RPG tropes. I am sure the player could have attacked those Level 15 enemies at Level 7, but they'd probably get wrecked. All in all it's a direction that makes me interested in Assassins Creed for once so fair play.

Cuphead after 4 years at E3 has a release date! Hooray!! 

I guess the last stand out was Anthem. Visually Anthem is probably one of the prettiest games I have ever seen. Gameplay wise it looks interesting, I am liking that it's open and vast with the tease of portals to other Worlds and locations. I feel that showing this last rather than showing an exclusive is a mistake. I know that unless those visuals are only possible on Xbox One X or PC, then most watching will likely just get it on PS4..

All in all it was an alright conference. It's better than most of Microsoft's recent conferences, but still nothing to blow most companies away. I feel that a more concise or focused showing from Bethesda or Sony will beat this presser, but it showed some good games.

Â