Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

The new penalty system seems to be treating me ok so far.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've had clean races all round, and a few times I've been hit through no fault of my own and it's not penalised me.

What I would say is when it DOES penalise you, it's harsh.
I've been back in S for a while. IN fact I had a 94 rating (out of 99). I checked.

Then I had a race at Monza. Had two incidents. The first was a punt from behind which wasn't my fault. 2 second penalty. 
Second incident I cut a chicane. Fair enough, another couple of seconds.

That bit didn't annoy me. What annoyed me was I dropped down to an A because of it. And as it's 75 and above is an S, it means I must have lost at least 20 points.

It then took 4 or 5 clean races to get back to an S.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The new penalty system seems to be treating me ok so far.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've had clean races all round, and a few times I've been hit through no fault of my own and it's not penalised me.

What I would say is when it DOES penalise you, it's harsh.
I've been back in S for a while. IN fact I had a 94 rating (out of 99). I checked.

Then I had a race at Monza. Had two incidents. The first was a punt from behind which wasn't my fault. 2 second penalty. 
Second incident I cut a chicane. Fair enough, another couple of seconds.

That bit didn't annoy me. What annoyed me was I dropped down to an A because of it. And as it's 75 and above is an S, it means I must have lost at least 20 points.

It then took 4 or 5 clean races to get back to an S.

Was just about to ask if anyone had played since today's patch so cheers Stevo. I'll be on tonight. 

Just been running time trials at Monza tonight. Gotta love that track! Have seriously been considering getting a wheel and peddles - that's how much im enjoying this.  Pity i haven't got anywhere to set them up if i purchased them!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I still have this on my list but I need a super long ethernet cable or it's a no go. I'll probably get it when I get paid :)

You won't regret it. Best racer I've ever played by a mile.

Do whatever it takes. Just get the ****. I want to have a VT Grand Prix!

I haven't been playing too much myself recently, and when I have it's only been for an hour here and there so it's really hard to get any competitive races going. I'm usually fighting it out at the back.

GR 1 race at monza. Love that race!

Couole of second places again last night. Should have had a win but missed my braking point coming out of the pits and that put me in 2nd. 

Definitely my best track. 

**** me the SR system pisses me off sometimes.

I've been an S rating for days now. Weeks. And I'm usually blue as well so I figured my rating must be sky high.

One bad race just now and I'm back down to A.

Seems you can grind and grind and grind but it's all undone with one poor race.

I love Monza so much.

Another couple of 2nds and 3rds last night. Still no victory though :( 
I'm so close though. If I could stick my car on pole and survive the first two corners I'm sure I'd get a win.

That SR system is so punishing now though. I think it's more lenient than it was in terms of what it counts as a negative SR action. But when you do one it PUNISHES you.
One of my races yesterday I tapped someone in the second corner. And I mean tapped. But it put them slightly off the track for a brief moment. They still stayed in front of me. 
But that was it. Rest of the race I didn't touch anyone. Didn't cut any corners, didn't go off the track, nothing.
Yet my SR took a hit afterwards.

Brutal.

On 10/02/2018 at 17:51, Stevo985 said:

Qualifying in this is so weird. 

Doing the GR1 race today. Qualified 4th. Had a good race and finished 2nd so thought a win was possible. 

More qualifying, took a second off my time. Next race I started 7th. Annoying. 

So MORE qualifying. Did a really good lap, took another second off my time... started the next race 9th. 

So my qualifying time for the third race was a full 2 seconds quicker than the first race, but I ended up starting 9th instead of 4th. 

I'm now certain that this is deliberate from the game.

It happens every time.

Put a good qualifying lap in, qualify something like 2nd or 3rd.
Do the race and after think "Well if I can take a second or so off my qualifying time I'll be pole"
Do exactly that, take a second off your qualifying time.
Then the next race and somehow you've qualified 11th.

Quite annoying really

Â