Midweek Football 6 /9 March

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I didn't see it like that. He moved into Meunier because that's the direction the ball was in and that's where he was headed anyway. It's not like he changed his course at the last second once he saw Meunier go to ground.

That could be true too. That also makes me wonder if Neymar could have just jumped over Meunier instead of allowing the contract happen. I really do think Neymar was going for the penalty there, but I do think it was a penalty, but I just had some questions because if Neymar did intentionally run into Meunier, does that still count as a foul? 

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

That could be true too. That also makes me wonder if Neymar could have just jumped over Meunier instead of allowing the contract happen. I really do think Neymar was going for the penalty there, but I do think it was a penalty, but I just had some questions because if Neymar did intentionally run into Meunier, does that still count as a foul? 

Yeah he could have possibly gotten out of the way. But with a chance to come within one goal of producing the greatest comeback ever on the line, I'd let him fall into me too. No time to be charitable.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

It's just the fact that Neymar moves into Meunier instead of Meunier actually hitting Neymar. From my screenshot, you can see Neymar already leaning to go down with his hands up like he is about to fall to the ground. It's a grey area for penalties imo. If a player slides, manages to miss the ball and player, but the attacker intentionally drags his foot to make sure he gets clipped, is it a foul? This is essentially what happened. Neymar knew he could run into Meunier and get the foul. 

Your screenshot is after Meunier's head has hit Neymar.

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't think so...Di Maria completely messed that up.

I completely forgot about that...think the game was only 3-1 at that stage so there's the tie right there.

Really want to see a Dortmund-Barca match up next.

well Mascherano has now admitted that he has clipped Di Maria ;)

amazingly it has been covered up and I dont think a replay has even been shown of it

Mascherano said: “It’s clear that I did foul Di Maria but I think that’s not the reason why we eliminated PSG.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3045821/barcelona-javier-mascherano-angel-di-maria-penalty-barca/

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

well Mascherano has now admitted that he has clipped Di Maria ;)

amazingly it has been covered up and I dont think a replay has even been shown of it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3045821/barcelona-javier-mascherano-angel-di-maria-penalty-barca/

I remember the commentators mentioning that he could've been clipped and wanted to see a replay. That never happened 

It's a good comeback, but that's 3 major decisions that the referee really got wrong. I don't think he got the Neymar penalty wrong. But Suarez decision being correct would've meant Barca not going through. Mascherano red card + penalty means that there's no opportunity for Barca to have even gotten close, they'd have done well to even win on the night at that stage.

If It happened with United/Chelsea/Madrid, people would be fuming. Barca/Bayern seem to get a lot of neutral support because of the way they play, even when they are massively helped IMO.

Â