Dwight Gayle

TRO

Just watching this player.

like a bumble bee, never stops running looking for opportunities all the time. never switches off physically or Mentally...chases lost causes.

Reminds me of Jamie Vardy or even our own Dean Saunders.

Never thought he was that great a footballer overall, but he's a good poacher and is taking advantage of Newcastles superior midfield and wide players in comparison to the rest of the league. They create numerous excellent goal scoring chances every game, and he has been able to finish them off.

• Like 1

Didn't see Gayle prolifically scoring for Newcastle coming...

I agree in Shelvey and Ritchie Newcastle have two outstanding midfielders but Gayle is still upfront on his own and has to work hard to create space for them.

It's not all world class...Gouffron and Anita are nothing to write home about and I find Perez very overrated for what he actually produces.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't see Gayle prolifically scoring for Newcastle coming...

I agree in Shelvey and Ritchie Newcastle have two outstanding midfielders but Gayle is still upfront on his own and has to work hard to create space for them.

It's not all world class...Gouffron and Anita are nothing to write home about and I find Perez very overrated for what he actually produces.

maybe at Premier League level they arent much but Gouffran, Anita and Perez walk into any other Championship team

On 11/20/2016 at 15:05, andym said:

Never thought he was that great a footballer overall, but he's a good poacher and is taking advantage of Newcastles superior midfield and wide players in comparison to the rest of the league. They create numerous excellent goal scoring chances every game, and he has been able to finish them off.

I agree about the Midfield.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Another 2 today so far, He is now only 6 goals behind our entire team and has played 4 less games

Put the Newcastle midfield behind Kodjia and i think he would be doing exactly the same. Gayle is benefiting from playing in a squad head and shoulders above its competition, Kodjia has Gardner and Westwood. 

I wouldn't swap our front line for theirs. 

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Doing as I expected. Would have been a good signing for us

He would have struggled for service. And he wouldnt be playing as a lone striker, he would be part of a front 3 or 4, as we finished the game yesterday. Really doubt he would have scored anything like as many goals for us.

Good player though.

Edited by One For The Road

19 hours ago, One For The Road said:

He would have struggled for service. And he wouldnt be playing as a lone striker, he would be part of a front 3 or 4, as we finished the game yesterday. Really doubt he would have scored anything like as many goals for us.

Good player though.

I think him and kodj would have been lethal to be honest at this level 

Â