Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can't sack a manager for doing ok with room for improvement. While at the same time your can't really big him up. 

You can if you choose to view a bigger picture?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes if you want to risk the near term view. 

I guess it comes down to your particular view of SB. Clearly on the back of his last game he is going nowhere at the moment- however going into the Bristol game - if he had gone - how many would really be bothered? If we had lost the Bristol game - boy oh boy this thread might well be off the scale 

11 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I guess it comes down to your particular view of SB. Clearly on the back of his last game he is going nowhere at the moment- however going into the Bristol game - if he had gone - how many would really be bothered? If we had lost the Bristol game - boy oh boy this thread might well be off the scale 

But we won the game before Bristol?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But we won the game before Bristol?

But that didn't make everything Rosey in the garden- certainly not in my eyes for sure- Boro are not in a great shape and we were far from amazing 

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Let’s face facts here. Bruce either will or won’t get us promoted, that’s a 50/50 chance.

I like those odds. Bruce In!

Pretty poor odds for January if you ask me - Bruce has it all to do to remain !!

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Let’s face facts here. Bruce either will or won’t get us promoted, that’s a 50/50 chance.

I like those odds. Bruce In!

But what about the last 15 months? - lost every single game 7-0 with Samba up front. Bruce out.

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Let's change " hoof" to boring & tedious. Better?

Much.

Hoof is not really a matter of opinion. Either we do or we don't. And we don't, although I guess you could claim we hoof it more than you would like, but seeing as statistically we're the 3rd best team in the league at not "hoofing" it, it's a bit rich.

Boring and Tedious is a matter of opinion. So if you find our football boring and tedious then fair enough. That's your opinion, you're entitled to it.

I do too, sometimes, fwiw. The football during the bad run over Christmas was pretty dire, with Brentford being the worst, imo.
But I think generally this season our football has been decent, and a lot of the time it's won us games, which is rarely boring for me. But each to their own.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dave J said:

But that didn't make everything Rosey in the garden- certainly not in my eyes for sure- Boro are not in a great shape and we were far from amazing 

As I said when the conversation started 

'Lets change it to boring & tedious & 3 points'

I think we're going around in circles. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Much.

Hoof is not really a matter of opinion. Either we do or we don't. And we don't, although I guess you could claim we hoof it more than you would like, but seeing as statistically we're the 3rd best team in the league at not "hoofing" it, it's a bit rich.

Boring and Tedious is a matter of opinion. So if you find our football boring and tedious then fair enough. That's your opinion, you're entitled to it.

I do too, sometimes, fwiw. The football during the bad run over Christmas was pretty dire, with Brentford being the worst, imo.
But I think generally this season our football has been decent, and a lot of the time it's won us games, which is rarely boring for me. But each to their own.

Oh your bang on the money when you say each to their own - I've no idea how long you have followed Villa - but I can assure you it's tedious all right- I just dread to think what Big Ron would say about what gets served up now

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Oh your bang on the money when you say each to their own - I've no idea how long you have followed Villa - but I can assure you it's tedious all right- I just dread to think what Big Ron would say about what gets served up now

Some perspective helps.

Big Ron, to his credit, had one of the best teams in the country at his disposal.

We're in the Championship right now. If you're expecting our football to be as good as it was under Big Ron then you're going to be understandably disappointed.

Our football isn't great, but it's a hell of a lot better than this thread makes it out to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As I said when the conversation started 

'Lets change it to boring & tedious & 3 points'

I think we're going around in circles. 

Well if you're ok with this - fair enough- having followed us for many years now - I have always believed that Villa generally play the game in the right manner McLiesh, McNeil, Gregory and even Houllier to a degree  being notable exceptions 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Some perspective helps.

Big Ron, to his credit, had one of the best teams in the country at his disposal.

We're in the Championship right now. If you're expecting our football to be as good as it was under Big Ron then you're going to be understandably disappointed.

Our football isn't great, but it's a hell of a lot better than this thread makes it out to be.

Tell it to Eddie Howe, Chris Hougton, David Wagner, Nuno, Paul Lambert ( Norwich ) Nigel Adkins,  not me - they might want a word in your ear 

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Tell it to Eddie Howe, Chris Hougton, David Wagner, Nuno, Paul Lambert ( Norwich ) Nigel Adkins,  not me - they might want a word in your ear 

Only two of them played particularly good football at this level, and one of those is Nuno who is absolutely an exception given their squad.

None of them play football as good as we did under Big Ron, so I assume you'd be disappointed with them too.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Only two of them played particularly good football at this level, and one of those is Nuno who is absolutely an exception given their squad.

None of them play football as good as we did under Big Ron, so I assume you'd be disappointed with them too.

What! Time to end this one Stevo if that's what you really believe.

i'll happily leave this with you then .

39 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well if you're ok with this - fair enough- having followed us for many years now - I have always believed that Villa generally play the game in the right manner McLiesh, McNeil, Gregory and even Houllier to a degree  being notable exceptions 

Well I've supported Villa for 27 years and you just named managers for around 10 years of that time. You could also throw DOL in to the mix and add another 3 years on top of that.

So tbh, I can't really say that Villa play the game in the right manner (whatever that is).

Â