Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Well, we're never not shit hence it follows that using that constant we can determine the degree of shitness in the opposing team. Tonight it must surely have peaked on the shitness counter charts if my calculations are positively within the confidence intervals.

You are the SHITULATOR

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Too many times this season we have not been good enough. But tonight we absolutely were. It sounds a lot like you're trying to take credit away from the team. Maybe I'm wrong.

We were very good.

I'm simply saying, Bristol did not play well tonight. Sheff Utd were much better, for example. Better ball retention, better quality of passing.

They got hold of Grealish (Basham targeted him). Bristol had zero answers for him.

6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

No. Why would you draw that conclusion because of the result of one game?

What's puzzling me is the praise for a team on the end of a 5-0 beating?

Who praises them? They were in the game for a good period of the first half and the beginning of the second half. When we scored our third they were deflated.

But, the match could have taken a different turn if say Jedi hadn't stopped their tap in chance. They weren't complete gash. We were just so, so much better.

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Re-read the first part, then the second.

If you're referring to what TRO wrote, then I still wouldn't call it praise. At least not for this performance. All I'm saying is they weren't crap for a decent part of the game. We were just much better tonight by a landslide imo.

• Like 1

No, I referred to what you wrote.

If they weren't crap for some of the game, who cares? Football is played from first whistle to last.

Whatever they had it amounted to little and not for long enough.

Sam Johnstone had an easy night. They didn't shackle Grealish like Sheff Utd. They didn't close down well enough. They left the gaps Sheff Utd didn't.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

otherwise you will become a very depressed and cynical fan.

snap out of it.

Thanks for telling me how to live and outlining the consequences if I choose not to take your sage counsel. I don't often meet fans with a crystal ball.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Who praises them? They were in the game for a good period of the first half and the beginning of the second half. When we scored our third they were deflated.

But, the match could have taken a different turn if say Jedi hadn't stopped their tap in chance. They weren't complete gash. We were just so, so much better.

I thought it was Chester?

24 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

That is correct. They had some measure of control for some portions of the match. 

Our first goal was from the first attack of the game, we hadn't put over a cross or put in a shot on their second choice keeper in the first 15 minutes.  I was worried it was going to be another Brentford.  But we totally stepped it up and just blew them away despite their very assured and maintained start. 

9 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Thanks for telling me how to live and outlining the consequences if I choose not to take your sage counsel. I don't often meet fans with a crystal ball.

I have no crystal ball ......just respond positively to a fantastic performance.

yes you are entitled to your opinion.....thankfully i don't share it.

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair to @Heretic I thought they were pretty poor overall. They gave us way to much space in the middle of the park. 

But take nothing away from how we played. We well and truly capitalised on that space. Some great one touch passing too. 

I thought they ( Bristol) could have positioned themselves to win the game, in the first 15 i would have taken the draw.

If we can't find solace in a 5-0 win I am not sure when we can.

I would doubt any team who beats us, their fans would find mitigation in our favour....i scratch my head.

We played fantastically well as the game grew and Jack gave a masterclass of running with the ball.

I find nothing to offer in Bristols favour......they just got beat by a better team on the night and had a go back in the process.

Next.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no crystal ball ......just respond positively to a fantastic performance.

yes you are entitled to your opinion.....thankfully i don't share it.

You told me my future. If you don't have a crystal ball, I don't know how else you predict the future of posters. Tarot?

This all started because some posters felt that accurately appraising Bristol was a slight on Villa. If Bristol were bad, then Villa were bad too.

I think that's a fool's logic.

I didn't claim Villa were poor. They were very good.

How could they fluke 5-0? Surely it was obvious that Villa had to play well.

But there's a few very sensitive posters around here that live for conflict and they get their fill here by starting some if none comes their way.

They analyse comments that can be interpreted two ways and always pick the one that offers the most conflict.

Fortunately I don't share their troubled psychology.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I thought they ( Bristol) could have positioned themselves to win the game, in the first 15 i would have taken the draw.

If we can't find solace in a 5-0 win I am not sure when we can.

I would doubt any team who beats us, there fans would find mitigation in our favour....i scratch my head.

We played fantastically well as the game grew and Jack gave a masterclass of running with the ball.

I find nothing to offer in Bristols favour......they just got beat by a better team on the night and had a go back in the process.

Next.

Surely it's ok to think an opponent was poor even though we thrashed them. It's not taking anything away from Villa. We were superb. I just don't think Bristol City were very good. (I missed the first 20 minutes though where I understand they were on top).

Well done Steve.  You've found your team other then probably Terry for Elphick. 

Stick with it and don't upset the apple cart. 

If I suddenly see Taylor or Whelan in the team for no valid reason it will absolutely confirm you don't have a scooby. 

• Like 1

Â