Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think we could win the next 10 games with an average score of 5-0 and there'd still be the usual characters hijacking every page begging for him to be sacked.

If you turn that the other way and we lost 5-0 in the next 10 league games, I can still see the same few people backing him 

• The problem is the shade of claret on the kit, can you explain to me in 100 characters how that is Steve Bruces fault? If the shade of claret was correct then Steve Bruce could give clearer instructions
  • His players are trying to follow his instructions but if they cook isnt making the food they want to improve their hearing then how is that the managers fault, please send postcards 

Think that's about all the excuses left

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Junxs said:

If you turn that the other way and we lost 5-0 in the next 10 league games, I can still see the same few people backing him 

• The problem is the shade of claret on the kit, can you explain to me in 100 characters how that is Steve Bruces fault? If the shade of claret was correct then Steve Bruce could give clearer instructions
  • His players are trying to follow his instructions but if they cook isnt making the food they want to improve their hearing then how is that the managers fault, please send postcards 

Think that's about all the excuses left

Not so. There is still the international break which disrupted a good run. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I meant injuries prior to choosing the squad, before the match.

How would you know this?

He had the right players to change it at half time so im assuming everyone there would have been fit for the start.

He just trieda new formation to make us more solid, nothing to do with injuries

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Junxs said:

So the last 3 games which include a cup game of no relevance is the more important statistic than the 5 league games we've played so far? could not disagree more.

The aim for this season is promotion, not how far we get get playing our reserves in the league cup!

Absolutely, the aim is promotion!

The most important part of achieving this is the ability to win as many games as possible.  After the last 3 games (What ever tournament) Im actually confident we can get to that aim. The Wigan game was quite important in that regard as this is a long season and we will need most of those playing that day to help out, it was good to see they can step up to the challenge when needed.

At the end of the day the first 5 games wont really matter, its the other 40 odd that will. In order to win those games we will need to be considerably better that we were those first few games, which we have proven to be since. 

I dont know how long you are going to hold the first 3 games against him for but it strikes me as if some want to hold onto it for longer than others!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Absolutely, the aim is promotion!

The most important part of achieving this is the ability to win as many games as possible.  After the last 3 games (What ever tournament) Im actually confident we can get to that aim. The Wigan game was quite important in that regard as this is a long season and we will need most of those playing that day to help out, it was good to see they can step up to the challenge when needed.

At the end of the day the first 5 games wont really matter, its the other 40 odd that will. In order to win those games we will need to be considerably better that we were those first few games, which we have proven to be since. 

I dont know how long you are going to hold the first 3 games against him for but it strikes me as if some want to hold onto it for longer than others!

The problem is that the two decent performances were the abberation, so no one should get their hopes up based on them. I will continue to criticise as long as performances are poor, and I will acknowledge (and maybe even praise) when they are good. For me, Steve Bruce has done the job he should have done when the Cardiff and Reading performances are the abberation. Our last game was more at the Cardiff/Reading end of the spectrum than the Norwich end.

Bear in mind our two good performances were against the team that everyone tonks, and a team a division below us - not saying they weren't  a good wins, but am saying that is why I want to see more evidence than just those two games showing that we are fixed. This weekend should give us some more indication.

Edited by TheStagMan

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Rubbish. If the did that then most people would happily accept that he has got it, turned a corner and we are on the up. 

Unfortunately what is more likely to happen is that we scrape wins and draws and this argument continues.

Unfortunately we could be 15 points adrift having lost six games on the trot and there will still be people saying it's not his fault and he needs more time. 

It seems we have equal amounts of trust in each others arguments.

We will have to wait and see.:)

21 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its not the first 3 games though is it? Its the whole of his time at the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

But Junxs

last season which was the annus horribilus MK2  on the back of the previous 3 wins season.....he presided over 31 league games, he secure 15 wins thats a win ratio of 48%.....that really is not bad and some would say due to the circumstances very good.....particularly when embarking on a programme of changing so many players.

This season He has introduced 4 coming of age youngsters and 5 experienced players, so he is still trying to improve the team which suggests to me he sees a need in our play for improvement.

I am well aware of the expectation, but bare in mind that expectation will be less forgiving for those who don't like him or rate him anyway.

The start has been not great and 1 win  and a draw at home....2 defeats and a draw away.....not really convincing for a team with our ambitions, granted.

But I would wager that any team that gets promoted you could pick out 5 games in any part of the season that are iffy.

To pick out the best example the year we last won the league

1980 - 15 Nov Leeds ( Home) draw1-1.......22 Nov Liverpool( away) lost 2-1......29 Nov Arsenal  ( home) draw 1-1......6 Dec Middlesborough ( away) lost2-1.......13 Dec Birmingham City (Home) won 3-0

played 5

won 1

Drawn 2

lost 2

that was 3 home games too in a league winning season.

we haven't clicked yet and for those that are sceptical or critical of our football they are RIGHT what they see....however ,I still think we have every reason to keep the faith.

its slow, but i think we are improving.....I think a win on Saturday will not signify turning the corner, but will be another step along Yellow Brick Rd.

Forget the league until we have played a significant amount of games ......target must be win every game ( and look no further)and see where it takes us.

UTV

Edited by TRO

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

It seems we have equal amounts of trust in each others arguments.

We will have to wait and see.:)

We will. And you know what, I hope you are right and I am wrong. Sadly I don't think I will be though.

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Bear in mind our two good performances were against the team that everyone tonks, and a team a division below us - not saying they weren't  a good wins, but am saying that is why I want to see more evidence than just those two games showing that we are fixed. This weekend should give us some more indication.

This is true.

However it has to be said we were much better against Bristol than the previous 2 away games, once we altered the formation. Shows we are at least moving in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

If you are talking about exciting football then you are right. I'm on about winning football,which is all I care about atm. Bruce has had 1 major dip, Jan Feb last year, the rest was pretty decent form tbh, and that with an inferior side.

Hopefully with a much more settled squad there will be no dip as there won't be much to bed in after January.

37 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If you are talking about exciting football then you are right. I'm on about winning football,which is all I care about atm. Bruce has had 1 major dip, Jan Feb last year, the rest was pretty decent form tbh, and that with an inferior side.

Hopefully with a much more settled squad there will be no dip as there won't be much to bed in after January.

We've only won 2 of our last 11 league games which is certainly not pretty decent form  in my opinion . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We've only won 2 of our last 11 league games which is certainly not pretty decent form  in my opinion . 

Now you are bringing up last season as form!

theres no point arguing this tbh

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

We will. And you know what, I hope you are right and I am wrong. Sadly I don't think I will be though.

I hope I am too, for no more than the same reason as you.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

all the more reason why we are flirting with 4 academy starlets and we have brought in 5 experienced players in the summer.....I guess if we had won all those games that level of development may not have been sought.

Edited by TRO

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Derby playing football we could only dream about under Bruce ffs.

Was going to post this but really is there any point ?

Most of us can now see that there are Managers all over the shop who have inherited poorer players and had less time but are producing - even if only occasionally - performances 1,000,000,000 times away from anything Bruce has managed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Was going to post this but really is there any point ?

Most of us can now see that there are Managers all over the shop who have inherited poorer players and had less time but are producing - even if only occasionally - performances 1,000,000,000 times away from anything Bruce has managed.

touch of hyperbole there Terry for good measure.:)

what Derby do is their business.....we have a clear agenda

Win every Game.

Â