Football Manager 2017

V01

ive bought soler on pretty much all of my saves so far and think he's worked out once so i gave him a miss this time

luan was a new one for me, never bought him on any save or game before, had a great 1st season, doesnt look like a natural striker with his stats but got me about 25 goals, clayton is another first timer for me, maia, lincoln, pavon then vallejo on loan in season 2 are all pretty standard now

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

My fullbacks are Weiser (RB) and Henrichs (LB). Quality. German too, so I put a load of bonuses in the purchase and also contract for internation appearances to get the deals done. Hehehehehehe.

I can't believe I've never thought of that!

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2

Tbf I quite often unlock the team anyway but this one I forgot, make it I think so it's 20+ games and then it doesn't come out of this year's budget, then offer like £20-30m knowing it will never happen

if you do unlock the German national team what I've found in the past is it's ridiculously hard to get appointed manager, not sure if it's a flaw or what, I think one year I had a mega Dortmund game on the go, fergie HOF challenge, won stuff with Germany u19s, u21s etc I think I even resorted to cheating and adding a new manager as national team boss and retiring and they still wouldn't appoint me, won the league something like 7 years on the trot and got "you could hear the laughter echo round the corridors of the German FA as Atkins went for the national team job"

words removed

• Like 2

Started a new save as Malaga. Going to be a real slog but they've got some excellent young players coming through plus I managed to snag Soler, Mir, Lyanco and Ascacibar.

Sold Camacho to PSG for £30m so i'm pretty minted.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Just signed a back-up striker from QPR Conor Washington. He has shown some brilliance with a hat-trick on his debut in the cup and is currently my leading scorer. Any other signings that y'all would recommend? Also, what do you guys do with the staff at a club you join? I basically gutted Villa's coaching staff. Any recommendations for that? 

Can anyone recoomend any players I should go after now I have villa in the Premier League. Bearing mind I hate buying the finished product and dont like signing players over 25. I want to build the mother of all villa teams. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Can anyone recoomend any players I should go after now I have villa in the Premier League. Bearing mind I hate buying the finished product and dont like signing players over 25. I want to build the mother of all villa teams. 

Are you using the winter update or the old patch? 

17 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

What positions are you looking at strengthening?

GK I only have Steer now Johnstones loan is over. 

1 CB

DM very important jedinak was/is crucial. 

And just any bargains in general. My transfer budget is only 27 million. I did find this a bit strange, but it's what I've got. 

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

My hero. Been signing this little twerp on every Football Manager for at least the past 4/5 years.

I think Ascacibar is this years Romero. Just like Gaston Gil Romero before him.

Gaston was always a favourite too, if a little injury prone. Always ended up buying Gaya at some point to as my left attacking full back. Funny how there are always a select few players you always end up buying, making every save the same >_<

More expensive options, but I've always liked Gimenez and Saul from Madrid.

35 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

My hero. Been signing this little twerp on every Football Manager for at least the past 4/5 years.

I think Ascacibar is this years Romero. Just like Gaston Gil Romero before him.

Would Lucas Romero come to a newly promoted Villa....

16 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Would Lucas Romero come to a newly promoted Villa....

I reckon so. I've never failed to sign him in the second season for any team and I don't tend to play with 'big teams'.

You're probably looking at about £9m including add ons for him. He's not quite the animal he used to be. His PA has been nerfed but he's still a sold 150+ PA. Down though from what he used to be which was was the high 160's.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Gaston was always a favourite too, if a little injury prone. Always ended up buying Gaya at some point to as my left attacking full back. Funny how there are always a select few players you always end up buying, making every save the same >_<

More expensive options, but I've always liked Gimenez and Saul from Madrid.

Oh god.

Last year every save my team would end up full of Argentinians. Pavon, Driussi, Mammana, Romero etc.

you can get mammana on loan first season 

gaya went too expensive so i ended up with jorge from flamengo, hes now gone to monaco, grimaldo has gone to benfica so im struggling at LB now

i like lucas from atletico too, before them it was oliver

I played a couple of seasons as Hamburg. If you can get Gregoritsch then you've snagged an excellent player. Plays as an attacking midfielder with unusual attributes for the role in that he's both tall and pacy. Has an excellent long shot on him well. Kostic is also excellent if you play with wide men.

8 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

GK I only have Steer now Johnstones loan is over. 

1 CB

DM very important jedinak was/is crucial. 

And just any bargains in general. My transfer budget is only 27 million. I did find this a bit strange, but it's what I've got. 

For GK try Predrag Rajkovic. He's young but available for 6/7m probably - not sure if this is different on the current patch. 

Jorrit Hendrix is pretty solid for a defensive mid - can also fill in at other positions. 

What I sometimes do mate is look at the transfer rumours page, then look at some of the players teams are linked to - snagged a few gems from that. 

• Like 1

Â