Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, andycv said:

Interestingly I think this is just for the amendments to the North Stand - separate application, not yet there, for the Warehouse.

I do love that they've accidentally included one document for the Warehouse in this application by mistake - and it's the odour survey :)

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/docs/D6C631869BABFDAC69D5AD0AA5DA4E7E/Document-D6C631869BABFDAC69D5AD0AA5DA4E7E.pdf

I think these are all new images:

image.pngScreenshot 2023-07-20 at 17.44.39.pngScreenshot 2023-07-20 at 17.45.46.png

Personally I love it - I think it looks amazing, it's huge, it's got some fantastic facilities within it and the corner links give it a little quirkiness that I like.

The good news is the plan of the new stand seems to allow for a future replacement of the Witton Lane.  
That is, it has a symmetry that is often missing when we have replaced previous stands  and been constrained by  cost or council restrictions.

Bring it on, the sooner the better!

• Like 1

I assume they're basically keeping the existing dressing rooms and referee/medical areas in The Trinity Road stand to make the room for the shop and offices which were going to be in Villa Live.  So that prevents whatever they were intending to do with those areas which I would assume would be extra hospitality areas within The Trinity.

I can't get my head around the document called "Proposed Villa Live - Level 00" which is basically the ground level floor plan.  It looks the wrong way round?  The "Main Entrance" seems to be pitchside?  There seems to be little interaction on the car park side?  Am I missing something?

Edited by sidcow

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I assume they're basically keeping the existing dressing rooms and referee/medical areas in The Trinity Road stand to make the room for the shop and offices which were going to be in Villa Live.  So that prevents whatever they were intending to do with those areas which I would assume would be extra hospitality areas within The Trinity.

I can't get my head around the document called "Proposed Villa Live - Level 00" which is basically the ground level floor plan.  It looks the wrong way round?  The "Main Entrance" seems to be pitchside?  There seems to be little interaction on the car park side?  Am I missing something?

I thought they were doing some glass-ceiling hospitality over the new player's tunnel? 

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The offices are moving to the rear of the warehouse building and the club shop is going to be next to the Witton which was in the original plans going to be a plant room, waste area and security. 

IMG_8105.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

Having a bit of a deep dive on the BCC planning portal. Application ref 2005/03451/PA is quite interesting, I think this is the original plans by Doug for the North Stand after the Trinity Road redevelopment. Has a few images of the mock up model of Villa Park I haven't seen before. Much more basic development than what we are getting 20 plus years later. It looked like they were planning to keep the lower tier of the existing North stand and then just added the upper tier and new roof. 

The Warehouse does seem to fit in with the vibe a bit more then Villa Live but i think a big plus with the Villa Live was attracting people to the area earlier pre kick off and keeping people back after the game to slowly filter out the crowd.

No im not lucky enough to get to games often and dont know the area well but with the larger crowd i assume that would have been a major plus point regarding transport congestion.

Edited by Richie k

27 minutes ago, Richie k said:

The Warehouse does seem to fit in with the vibe a bit more then Villa Live but i think a big plus with the Villa Live was attracting people to the area earlier pre kick off and keeping people back after the game to slowly filter out the crowd.

No im not lucky enough to get to games often and dont know the area well but with the larger crowd i assume that would have been a major plus point regarding transport congestion.

That’s precisely the point of the warehouse to serve the same purposes …  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Oh really i must not have paid enough attention, i thought it didnt have the same amount of attractions/facilities to draw the crowd. Thats ok so : )

Edited by Richie k

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

But this is only going to hold a few hundred rather than a couple of thousand. 

It's a significantly smaller space. 

Edited by sidcow

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But this is only going to hold a few hundred rather than a couple of thousand. 

It's a significantly smaller space. 

Wrong ! Capacity as per the Design & Access statement is around 2’500 on match days … it’s not significantly smaller either. 

http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/docs/DE78A5FFDAE05A5DD2477EC7617F88BB/Document-DE78A5FFDAE05A5DD2477EC7617F88BB.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â