Brazil Coup D'etat Underway?

maqroll

I don’t car which topic you want to discuss todays affairs in Brazil in but can we just make it the one please. It’s already been posted in three threads to my knowledge. This one does seem the most appropriate

Just now, KentVillan said:

This is very bad, but I don't think it will be a successful coup.

The idea that the US, led by Biden, wants Bolsonoro to succeed in a coup is madness.

Bolsonoro literally stands for the exact opposite of Biden. Him and Trump are effectively political clones. 

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Bolsonoro literally stands for the exact opposite of Biden. Him and Trump are effectively political clones. 

Exactly my point.

If Trump were in power, then this would be a legitimate concern.

I get Latin Americans have a very reasonable, factually grounded suspicion of US activities in their countries, but this just wouldn't be Biden's style. Destabilising Brazil in this way doesn't help anyone. I'm sure it will be sorted out. Bolsonaro doesn't have enough support from foreign allies to pull something like this off IMO.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This is very bad, but I don't think it will be a successful coup.

The idea that the US, led by Biden, wants Bolsonoro to succeed in a coup is madness.

Who suggested this was a Biden scheme? 

This has Trump, Jason Miller, Steve Bannon and Roger Stone written all over it, in collaboration with Bolsonaro and his people.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Who suggested this was a Biden scheme? 

This has Trump, Jason Miller, Steve Bannon and Roger Stone written all over it, in collaboration with Bolsonaro and his people.

The idea that it's "US Imperialism" suggests US regime involvement. Trump / Bannon / Stone don't have the capacity to actually drive something like this while out of office. I think it's more authentically Brazilian than people realise - they have a long history of suspicion of Lula and the supposed threat of "communism". The Trump connection is overblown.

Edit: just to be clear, the Trump / Bannon crowd are definitely in favour of this kind of stuff, and trying to stoke it up. But the idea that they can coordinate and execute a coup from the US is farfetched. And the goal isn't "US imperialism", it's the global alt right movement supporting kindred spirits.

Edited by KentVillan

34 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The idea that it's "US Imperialism" suggests US regime involvement. Trump / Bannon / Stone don't have the capacity to actually drive something like this while out of office. I think it's more authentically Brazilian than people realise - they have a long history of suspicion of Lula and the supposed threat of "communism". The Trump connection is overblown.

Edit: just to be clear, the Trump / Bannon crowd are definitely in favour of this kind of stuff, and trying to stoke it up. But the idea that they can coordinate and execute a coup from the US is farfetched. And the goal isn't "US imperialism", it's the global alt right movement supporting kindred spirits.

Right, I'm just not sure why you are bringing up the idea of US imperialism/Biden plot.

Who has suggested that?

Miller and Bannon are deeply involved with Bolsonaro, with Trump and Stone a bit more removed. But Miller and Bannon have been traveling back ad forth to Brazil for years now. It's likely that some of the MAGA grift cash has been funneled to Bolsonaro and that they share other resources and methodology. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Right, I'm just not sure why you are bringing up the idea of US imperialism/Biden plot.

Who has suggested that?

Miller and Bannon are deeply involved with Bolsonaro, with Trump and Stone a bit more removed. But Miller and Bannon have been traveling back ad forth to Brazil for years now. It's likely that some of the MAGA grift cash has been funneled to Bolsonaro and that they share other resources and methodology. 

It's in one of the articles you shared 🙂

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Fora Bolsonaro!

I mean, he’s out of office, but get that fascist word removed out of politics for good.

A prison cell is where he should be given the corruption he has been part of. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Fora Bolsonaro!

I mean, he’s out of office, but get that fascist word removed out of politics for good.

We can start by arresting him in Florida and shipping him back to Brazil. 

• Like 1

Â