Cambridge v Doncaster

Colchester v Altrincham

Dag & Red v Whitehawk

Exeter v Port Vale

Oxford Utd v Forest Green

Peterborough v Luton

Welling v Carlisle

FA Cup 2nd Round highlights BBC 2 6pm

Sweet....had Stoke to score in the first 10 minutes at 20/1. 126 back from 6 quid stake.:D

Quite fancied them to win today...Man. City missing a few key players plus the wind conditions are predictably horrific up there, don't think they've got enough battlers in there today, surprised D**ph didn't start actually as he knows what this sort of game is all about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Great goal. 

LM for stoke is a very very good player

Aranutovic is one of those...he has his shockers but he also has that one game in five when he also looks one one of the best in the league.

Stoke have done a really good job at sweeping up "misfits" from the bigger clubs for little money e.g. Aranutovic, Bojan, Shaqiri cost a bit more.....

2-0, another 100 quid in the bank, cheers Stoke!

What a ball. For me, the stoke team is why I think the prem is the toughest in the world. The fact they can offer wages for players that probably would get into champions league teams (the ones unlikely to get through the group) 

It's what Mark Hughes does best reallly...he produced very good sides at Blackburn and Fulham on little net spend. Has a good eye for a player and can fit them all into a first 11 without unbalancing things. It's when he goes to clubs and has 50-100m to spend it all falls apart for some reason. He did actually sign some very good players for Man. City though.

Last few years would've run much more smoothly if we'd picked him up in summer 2011.

• Like 1

Shaqiri is having a stormer, his best game since joining.

On the other hand, Bony just looks an awful fit for City. He was good at Swansea but one of those who just isn't good enough for a champions league club so take note people thinking Vardy would just score every week at one of those clubs.

Wouldn't shock me if City sign another striker in January and send him back to Swansea on loan.

What a ball. For me, the stoke team is why I think the prem is the toughest in the world. The fact they can offer wages for players that probably would get into champions league teams (the ones unlikely to get through the group) 

I'm the opposite, I look at this and think Man city aren't good enough, again a couple of injuries and they look off, barca, bayern, PSG etc don't lose these kind of games, that isn't because the equivalent of Stoke isn't as good, it's because the equivalent of Man city are a lot better

• Like 2

Man. City team is too lightweight today...Silva. KDB and Sterling works well at home but today in the wind at Stoke isn't the sort of game when sleeves need to be rolled up.

As poor as Kompany was for most of last season they've been a shambles defensively this season when he hasn't played...conceded 4s at Spurs and home to Liverpool without him and could easily concede 4 today way they're playing.

Whoever wins the league this season is surely going to be the poorest league winners for a long while...I'm being serious but I wouldn't rule Liverpool out yet. If they beat Newcastle they'll only be 3 points off Man. City. 

Misread.

I think I def disagree with the last point. Is there seriously teams in other league who are able to get players players like shiqiri and cabaye? Stoke and palace were ~mid table clubs

Edited by gharperr

So sad to see how much better Stoke are than us...it's not even like they spend that much every summer or that they even finish in the top 6....

Just look at the way they've attacked City though...scored 2 and it could easily be 4.

We got a good 0-0 off them but we barely crossed the halfway line. It's not just a like of quality but belief and mentally from the 11 on the pitch.

• Like 3

In fairness Stoke have always been stable defensively. They still retain some of the backline from the Pulis era.

Our management has gone from Alex McLeish to Paul Lambert with neither manager having a clue what to do defensively.

Stoke are run pretty well, we are probably the case study of what NOT to do as a club.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's what Mark Hughes does best reallly...he produced very good sides at Blackburn and Fulham on little net spend. Has a good eye for a player and can fit them all into a first 11 without unbalancing things. It's when he goes to clubs and has 50-100m to spend it all falls apart for some reason. He did actually sign some very good players for Man. City though.

Wayne Bridge, Santa Cruz, Adebayor,Jo, Given, Kolo Toure would say he signed some crap as well

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wayne Bridge, Santa Cruz, Adebayor,Jo, Given, Kolo Toure would say he signed some crap as well

All of those guys were decent on their day and a step up on what they had at the time.

(Jo aside)

Â