TV Sticks With Kodi 15.1

Kingman

Heard a few people mention this now and plenty for sale on ebay so it appears all above board.

Dose anyone have experience of these and are they any good?

I've not got a stick personally but I use it through a laptop into the TV and it's pretty good, depending on what you're looking to do with it. My understanding is the sticks are just basic android devices with Kodi installed, might be wrong though.

The Kodi app itself is legal, I think it's the when you use some of the really popular addons, such as phoenix and Genesis where it's illegal.

What are you looking to use if for? I don't think it's quite there for live streams as yet from what I've read

The sticks are quite legal, they are just a way of getting streaming video to your television.  I use a Raspberry Pi for similar purposes and I've got Kodi installed on my computer too. It's better for watching archived stuff than live TV in my experience (ie, YouTube) but I really like it. 

Installed on my Raspberry pi 2, I haven't found a use for it really.

Same here, but that's more the fact that two of my three main legit streaming sources (netflix is one unless you buy a third party source) doesn't work with Kodi.

As a media device it's quite impressive and if I didn't build a htpc from a NUC I'd probably had everything I need combining a Pi with Kodi and a Chromecast for the non working bits.

The app on the stick will be exactly the same as the app for Windows or Android. If I was you, I'd download the app for Windows, do a little research on the add ons available, like I say I think Genesis and Phoenix are totally illegal so probably wouldn't start with them, at all. If you like what you see, buy a stick

• Like 1

Don't buy a pre loaded stick from an eBay scalper.

Get an Amazon Fire stick and side load kodi onto it, it's dead easy and loads of tutorials about.

• Like 1

I got a pre loaded Firestick from eBay. The seller was very helpful and even contacted me to tell me how to add an app he'd forgot to load.

Live sport is up and down but tv shows are great quality and the choice is vast via Kodi

• Like 1

I got a pre loaded Firestick from eBay. The seller was very helpful and even contacted me to tell me how to add an app he'd forgot to load.

Live sport is up and down but tv shows are great quality and the choice is vast via Kodi

What do you watch the sport on mate? I've not really tried any sport channels yet

I got a pre loaded Firestick from eBay. The seller was very helpful and even contacted me to tell me how to add an app he'd forgot to load.Live sport is up and down but tv shows are great quality and the choice is vast via Kodi

What do you watch the sport on mate? I've not really tried any sport channels yet

SportsDevil

• Like 1

I got a pre loaded Firestick from eBay. The seller was very helpful and even contacted me to tell me how to add an app he'd forgot to load.Live sport is up and down but tv shows are great quality and the choice is vast via Kodi

SportsDevil

Sportsdevil or UK turk

• Like 1

You need to get an NBC account and use a USA VPN. 

Which VPN service do you use

PIA

Manually configured OpenVPN via command line to get it working (no Kodi app unfortunately :( ). Was pretty straight forward. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â