Weekends football 25/27 September

andykeenan

So another win for Palace today. People say we ask for too much but is it really that hard to put together a team like Palace have? I think at this point a lot of Villa fans just want a team which they can proud of. Not one that makes them feel embarrassed to be a Villa fan on a Monday morning at school, college, work or wherever.

why would you be embarrassed to go to work because a bunch of millionaire footballers didnt score more goals than another bunch of millionaire footballers?

• Like 1

So another win for Palace today. People say we ask for too much but is it really that hard to put together a team like Palace have? I think at this point a lot of Villa fans just want a team which they can proud of. Not one that makes them feel embarrassed to be a Villa fan on a Monday morning at school, college, work or wherever.

why would you be embarrassed to go to work because a bunch of millionaire footballers didnt score more goals than another bunch of millionaire footballers?

If that's what you think about football then why bother being a Villa fan?

With City slipping up again, I dont think Chelsea are out of the title race just yet. Its wide open. 8 pts off the top isn't out of it.

They are.

90 points usually wins the league these days....(Chelsea won it with 87 last season but eased off in the last few weeks, Man. City got 86 the past year),

Chelsea can only get to 101 points now if they win every single league game between now and May which is obviously unrealistic. So suddenly those parking the bus draws at Anfield, Arsenal and Man. United will suddenly become very costly as that will knock them down to 95 points so just shows you the realistic margin or error Chelsea have if they want to win the league.

They look like Man. United under Moyes atm, conceding 2 goals a game on average aswell which dosen't give you a great base to consistently win games.

I don't know Chris if they go on a run of 4 or 5 wins they will be within touching distance of the top.A big  if with their defence at the moment though!

With City slipping up again, I dont think Chelsea are out of the title race just yet. Its wide open. 8 pts off the top isn't out of it.

They are.

90 points usually wins the league these days....(Chelsea won it with 87 last season but eased off in the last few weeks, Man. City got 86 the past year),

Chelsea can only get to 101 points now if they win every single league game between now and May which is obviously unrealistic. So suddenly those parking the bus draws at Anfield, Arsenal and Man. United will suddenly become very costly as that will knock them down to 95 points so just shows you the realistic margin or error Chelsea have if they want to win the league.

They look like Man. United under Moyes atm, conceding 2 goals a game on average aswell which dosen't give you a great base to consistently win games.

I don't know Chris if they go on a run of 4 or 5 wins they will be within touching distance of the top.A big  if with their defence at the moment though!

I dont think its a strong table in that a team will run away with title, United, City and Arsenal have already dropped points in games they would have expected to win

If that's what you think about football then why bother being a Villa fan?

Because he likes the sport?  He has an attachment to Villa? 

I'm a Villa fan, but I still think it's a joke people get embarrassed/angry/sad/annoyed when "their" team loses.  It's a game in which the spectators can have little to no feasible affect on the game, why feel those things when your team loses?  Why get angry about a professional making a mistake leading to a goal?  Some of the things said about our own players by our own fans are pretty nasty, those people are simpletons who don't have 1/10th of the talent the people on the pitch have.

I used to get worked up about football and football related things, but the fans of football put me off it.

I'd almost go with that.  I'd come at it from the other POV though. It's not that it's harder to care.  It is still easy to care.  I just find it much easier to put behind me.

• Like 1

Same here I still hope Villa win but it doesnt bother me as much as maybe 10 years ago especially with the money the players get paid that I find it harder to care whether we win or lose

So you just shrug off things like the fa cup final performance? Really? I honestly wish I could. If we lost to small heath on Tuesday would you not be that bothered?

Same here I still hope Villa win but it doesnt bother me as much as maybe 10 years ago especially with the money the players get paid that I find it harder to care whether we win or lose

So you just shrug off things like the fa cup final performance? Really? I honestly wish I could. If we lost to small heath on Tuesday would you not be that bothered?

I'd be pissed off on the way home, but that's about it. What's the point in letting football ruin your day/weekend?

• Like 1

Â