The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Braverman must really mess with the heads of the Tory racist elements.  On the one hand she talks their language and says all the things they want to hear. She tries hard to implement all the polices they are crying out for. 

On the other hand.... 

Will be interesting how the nutters react if he gets rid of her.  He's gradually weeding out the more insane politicians he had to get onside to get the gig. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Braverman must really mess with the heads of the Tory racist elements.  On the one hand she talks their language and says all the things they wany to hear. She tries hard to implement all the polices they are crying out for. 

On the other hand.... 

Will be interesting how the nutters react if he gets rid of her.  He's gradually weeding out the more insane politicians he had to get onside to get the gig. 

They don't think they are racist though

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Johnson has moved to or at least bought in a house in my constituency.  Was spotted in my local Tesco this weekend.  

Taking tins out of the food bank trolley and trying to get Gladys on fags to sub him for a scratch card?

32 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Johnson has moved to or at least bought in a house in my constituency.  Was spotted in my local Tesco this weekend.  

Its just the nursery unit he's building for the family he'll ignore most days

Rishi Sunak is to consult his ethics adviser on Monday to discuss Suella Braverman's handling of a speeding offence. That sounds like he’s asking “is it enough to sack her?”

Otherwise it’s a simple, at least attempt to say, no harm done and try to let it blow over.

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rishi Sunak is to consult his ethics adviser on Monday to discuss Suella Braverman's handling of a speeding offence. That sounds like he’s asking “is it enough to sack her?”

Otherwise it’s a simple, at least attempt to say, no harm done and try to let it blow over.

Nah, that isn’t what it is. It’s a delaying tactic to see if it goes away (it won't) and it is also an attempt to distance himself from any decision he may have to make (but doesn’t want to)

A decent leader of any political hue with a good solid support in their party would have sacked someone doing this by now. It actually shows how weak he is because he's having to attempt to keep the nutters on board (he's got no chance)

• Like 2

I still don’t understand ethics advisers. 

You have serious problems if you need to employ someone to tell you that you’re acting like a word removed. And even bigger problems if you then ignore them most of the time anyway. 

Edited by av1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Politicians amaze me 

They always try to do this but it never blows over.

Pressure mounts, generally something else comes out of the woodwork and it all ends up a bigger mess than it ever was, but they never learn.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Politicians amaze me 

They always try to do this but it never blows over.

Pressure mounts, generally something else comes out of the woodwork and it all ends up a bigger mess than it ever was, but they never learn.

It’s something that I noticed changed a lot since BJ took over. Basically saying any old shit to buy a few hours reprieve without considering the fact it’ll be worse when it comes back in 24 hours time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Personally I'd say it's us, the voters, who never learn.

Yep, although we’re seeing that finally they/we are showing signs of realising what a bunch of charlatans are in place currently and doing something about it.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, although we’re seeing that finally they/we are showing signs of realising what a bunch of charlatans are in place currently and doing something about it.

They’ll give us a penny off beer and a promise to bring back hanging and they’ll be right back in the game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They’ll give us a penny off beer and a promise to bring back hanging and they’ll be right back in the game.

As long as its public hanging 👍

3 hours ago, av1 said:

I still don’t understand ethics advisers. 

You have serious problems if you need to employ someone to tell you that you’re acting like a word removed. And even bigger problems if you then ignore them most of the time anyway. 

You appear to be missing the point of an ethics advisor. It isn't to advise on ethics. I'll give Sunak some credit here, he isn't that stupid that he doesn't realise that what she's done is wrong. The ethics advisor is a tool to kick things into the long grass and when the eventual bloody obvious outcome is reached, the Ethics Advisor is a human shield to hide behind.

This is all about the Tory Civil War and not about pondering whether Sue Ellen did anything wrong, as questions of ethics go, this one is pretty clear cut, either she did as said and should go or she didn't and it's been fabricated. With the amount of journalists that have this story and have for a while, it's fairly obvious they all think the events happened as described and have the corroboration required.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A penny off British beer in British pubs and it’s a winner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

A penny off British beer in British pubs and it’s a winner. 

With Sunak stood at some bar with what looks like a novelty 3 pint glass, but turns out later to be an ordinary pint glass. Which at no point, does he actually drink from, despite much encouragement from the press.

Later his spad needs to state he does drink beer and only recently downed a packet of beef scratchings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Braverman must really mess with the heads of the Tory racist elements.  On the one hand she talks their language and says all the things they want to hear. She tries hard to implement all the polices they are crying out for. 

On the other hand.... 

Racists gotta race.

Also, on a side note can anyone tell me how the hell Suella Braverman is a Buddhist?

I don't think I've ever before heard of a buddhist who's values can be summed up by the phrase 'pull up the drawbridge, i'm ok thank you very much'.

Â