GENTLEMAN

Started my fifth season.

Didn't make many signings. Signed Varane who is so so good. Other than that I'm just blooding youngsters where I need players. Tiago/Cambiasso in DM and Cole at LB.

Drogba has gotten quicker so has forced his way into being first choice CF. Embolo shifted out wide and Adama to the bench.

Was beatign everyone. Won the super cup 5-1. Won the first leg of my CL playoff 8-2.

Played West brom in the league... they beat me comfortably :D

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

:lol: no, I scrolled down so it shows the subs Adama and Ribery. Should be Marquinhos and Perin ahead of him

I have Marquinhos too. He's also excellent.

Him and Varane as my CB pairing is great.

I bought Varane in my 2nd or 3rd season but he barely got any playing time because my Marquinhos - Okore partnership has just been too good. Sold him last season as he's getting pretty old and I have very good backups in Samuel and Pepe.

Okore is retiring this season along with Gil :( . Been my captain and a mainstay in my team for 11 seasons straight, what a player.

Now the only original Villa players I have left are Veretout (who plays like 3 games a season :lol: ), Adama (who's been seeing less gametime with the emergence of 16 y/o Messi) and Amavi (who's become less effective and kinda slow at 34 y/o).

Ah, I've never had Okore so can't say how good he is.

Castledine is still the only player who's been in my team since my first season. Every time I drop him he improves and forces his way back in. He's rated 85 now, which is pretty good for a default player.

He's dropped again now in favour of Lanzini and Gurpegui so time will tell if he improves yet again.

36 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

You guys should try sign D.Alves (Regen) easily the best RB on the game

He's just retired on mine.

He's one of the ones I'll be signing in January.

3 hours ago, YGabbana said:

You guys should try sign D.Alves (Regen) easily the best RB on the game

I tried and tried when he was only rated 79 but kept getting rejected, so I gave up and bought Maicon instead. Anyukov regen is excellent for me too, currently rated 92 at about 23 years old.

I guess it completely depends on the player.

The best way to improve them is to play the player.

Sending them on loan works too, although not as quickly.

My usual approach is to sign a youth regen, send them on loan for a season, then spend one season blooding them in with sub appearances or rotation appearances, and then after that season decide whether I'm keeping them and therefore committing to playing them a lot more, or getting rid. With varying amounts of success :)

• Like 2

I'm also not sure how much OVR matters.

For example, if I play Embolo as my wide attacker, if I put his role as SS, then his OVR is something like 84. But if I put it as RWF, even though he's in exactly the same position, his OVR is something like 78.

Does that matter? Does he become less of a player as a result?

I don't know the answer.

Edited by Stevo985

This game is strange at times.

I am amazing in Europe.
Won the Europa league last season. 3 matches into the Champions League this season I've played 3, won 3 vs Olympiakos, Porto and Bayern. Beat Bayern 4-0. Absolutey hammered them.

Following week I lose 3-2 to Hull in the League because they played me off the park.

I signed regen Cassano, a decade or so after selling him. I forgot how good he was. Makes the way my team plays so smooth. Perfect link up player behind the striker, works amazingly well with Zlatan in a 4-4-2. Oh, and also

Iia4mkY.png

He just doesn't stop :o . Also, another player joins the 90+ club. I think that's 9 or 10 now. My team is just too stacked!

• Like 1

I haven't got a single player over 90 yet :(

Going well in my fifth season though. Breezed through my champions league group, despite it containing Bayern, Porto and Olympiakos.
Top of the league just ahead of Everton, but only lost one game all season (West Brom, obviously!)

Drogba is incredible now. Started playing Tiago in midfield and he's coming on leaps and bounds. Embolo will still probably be my first 90+ player.

Bayern have a CF who is 96 OPR and only 24. never heard of him, but I'm desperately trying to sign him. But they, understandably, won't budge!

• Like 1

I'm in a really weird position now where I just don't want to sign anyone.

I have a really small squad, 18 players including 3 16 year olds, but the only players out there who are an immediate improvement on my team are either unattainable or way too expensive.

I'm spending my time signing youngsters who will eventually be better, but it's a bit unsatisfying knowing I'll have to wait 2 or 3 seasons before they get there.

I'm signing players here and there just to make up the squad numbers now. I have £75m in the bank...

Tried to sign Dani Alves and couldn't. Day before transfer window he didn't exist. First thing I did on the first day of the window was find him and he was a free agent but already had a transfer agreed. Annoying.

Signed Buffon, Van Der Vaart and Hamsik though. I don't think it'll be too long before my whole team is regens

Â