GENTLEMAN

On the regen thing, they should keep it the same but give them random names so you don't know who the good ones are.

It wouldn't really be a problem then as you wouldn't automatically know which ones to sign just based on their name.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On the regen thing, they should keep it the same but give them random names so you don't know who the good ones are.

It wouldn't really be a problem then as you wouldn't automatically know which ones to sign just based on their name.

Exactly what I was thinking. It will bring an extra scouting element too. You really have to uncover gems based on their attributes.

Nope. I try to give the scouts instructions, but I get the message "We're having trouble scouting players". It's only to see what they'd give me anyway, my team is beyond the point of improving now, I just buy players because I fancy their play style at this point

Yeah, my instructions are just to concentrate on players still developing. Worked for a while, but now I just get nothing.

But I've been at the stage for a while where it's not worth signing players who immediately improve my team as they're too expensive, too old or both.

Theres literally only one payer on the game I want to sign who would improve my team straight away and would be worth it, but he's Bayern' CF and they won't sell him (he's now 96 OPR and only 25)

Everywhere else I'm relying on developing regens. 

Just don't stop bidding, they'll budge eventually. Especially outside the transfer windows, teams seem more lax for some reason. What's the player's name, that's crazy. No such player on my save. Zivkovic is the only one I can think of that would come close in age and potential.

He's called S.Cavalcanti.

Just checked, he's actually 95 OPR, but yeah still 25.

Just googled it. Apparently the World Classic team on this all have fake names. So they represent real players, but don't have their names. This guy is Ronaldo (brazillian). Thay would explain it.

It would also explain those random 25 year old English players on my game who are really good but I've never heard of.

There's a list here

Finally got them to negotiate.

They want £94 million for him!! Can't quite scrape that together.

Finally made it to the FA Cup final against my old nemesis, QPR. Should be fun :mellow:

QF of the Champions League too. On course for a full sweep.

• Like 1

Semis of the CL now, vs Chelsea.

6 games to go in the league and 4 points clear.

Found another bug bear. The game after the international break. All your players are **** but the opposition are all totally fine. That's bullshit.

• Like 1

He's called S.Cavalcanti.

Just checked, he's actually 95 OPR, but yeah still 25.

Just googled it. Apparently the World Classic team on this all have fake names. So they represent real players, but don't have their names. This guy is Ronaldo (brazillian). Thay would explain it.

It would also explain those random 25 year old English players on my game who are really good but I've never heard of.

There's a list here

Yea Ronaldo, had him for 4 seasons now he was on a free agent when mine started lol. Rated at 100. Best player on the game by miles

Yeah I remember you talking about having Ronaldo. Assumed you had some option selected that let you have classic players. I didn't realise I must have had the same option but with different names.

I'm determined to sign him, but looks like it's going to cost me big time.

I don't really need him. Drogba and Embolo have 35 and 34 league goals respectively this season. So far. 
But I want him!

Edited by Stevo985

Yeah I remember you talking about having Ronaldo. Assumed you had some option selected that let you have classic players. I didn't realise I must have had the same option but with different names.

I'm determined to sign him, but looks like it's going to cost me big time.

I don't really need him. Drogba and Embolo have 35 and 34 league goals respectively this season. So far. 

But I want him!

Hes the best striker on the game easily. Pace, power, two footed. Try and sign Zidane for AM, Scholes for CM, Guardiola for DM. I didnt manage it but have played with classic players loads of times and they are class.

Kanu seems pretty good too. Haven't used him but he's very highly rated and I've tried to sign him a few times without realising who he was (he's called Mapleton on mine)

Clean sweep.

Won the league, Champions League and FA Cup (beat QPR 8-0 in the final. So much for bogey team)

Gone back in for Ronaldo and they lowered his price to £55 million so spent all my money on him :D

Also signed Totti and DiMichelis, and trying to sign Dani Alves but might not have enough money.

• Like 1

How good was he when he was, say 17/18?

My 18 year old Drogba is 86 now. And I've just signed Totti but he's low 80's and 17 I think.

Are they likely to reach those heights?

I keep getting worried that they're slowing down in terms of improvement.

He was 78 or something when I signed him at 16. He just kept increasing like 4 or 5 points a year. Then when he was at 91 he started flourishing, and when he stopped he just continued to increase steadily.

86 at 18 years old is crazy though, I don't even think Totti was at that level. If he plays every game more or less he should get there too as long as he doesn't stop inexplicably.

I think Drogba is 86. Might be 84. It's mid 80's anyway.

Embolo is better but I keep shifting him out wide to accommodate Drogba.

They both ended the season on 35 league goals. Fitting.

Â