Copa America 2015

Zatman

That's true and I'd also put Pato in the same category...I went to Brazil-Sweden at Emirates in 2008 which was his debut and he scored from near enough the corner flag. Was only about 18 then. Such a waste of a career considering how well he'd started for Meelan around that time.

Oh. :lol:

Colombia didn't have a great defence at the world cup...38 year old Yepes in there...but they were impressive enough until they froze against Brazil.

I see they've lost a few experience heads in midfield like Freddy Guarin but you'd think with all their attacking players they'll make the semis at least.

Edit: Bacca and James out of form really? Jackson Martinez. You were fine without Falcao in the World cup and at least he's an option this time.

Edited by VillaChris

Seeing how players like Suarez, Vidal, Dani Alves and Neymar played tonight (play acting, cheating, histrionics, etc) means I won't be tuning in.

For all their talent, a lot of South American footballers are immensely unlikeable.

Edited by Xela

Oh. :lol:

Colombia didn't have a great defence at the world cup...38 year old Yepes in there...but they were impressive enough until they froze against Brazil.

I see they've lost a few experience heads in midfield like Freddy Guarin but you'd think with all their attacking players they'll make the semis at least.

Edit: Bacca and James out of form really? Jackson Martinez. You were fine without Falcao in the World cup and at least he's an option this time.

You don't know the Colombian team.

Zuniga has been injured since the World Cup. Armero has been at AC Milan as backup for nearly a year and not a starter. He just recently moved to Fluminense. Zapata hasn't started for AC Milan in months.  Balanta is injured. Quintero is injured. Aguilar is injured. Our entire midfield and fullback lineup is second choices except for Sanchez, who hasn't been starting either. 

Cuadrado and Falcao are both not starting/ looking like shit. 

Yay we have a bunch of good strikers. That's only like two members of the team in any given match. 

Colombia is not in good form. 

Easily my favourite international tournament after the World Cup starts next week in Chile so I thought I would set up a thread

Euros?

I like the Euros but you see most of the players all the time in their domestic leagues. The Copa America always has the odd surprise player turn up and have a stormer and disappear again

Brazil squad is a shocker on paper

Shame there seems to be so many young prospects not there, balanta for Columbia, vietto for Argentina etc Jimenez for Uruguay probably the best U21 talent

Looking at the squads quickly there are only 14 players 21 or under, 2 players under the age of 19 (276 players in total) pretty poor

Argentina should win it with that squad

The UNder 20 Championships is on at same time which is a huge tournament for South American countries and 5 teams in this tournament have teams there so why not many young players at the event

Â