The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Is that aimed at anybody in particular?

The posts above it, if you missed them.

Then colour me confused. Who in the posts above yours has said this season wasn't Lambert's fault?

Edited by Stevo985

Lambert did a lot of damage.

For a long time, negative comments towards him were met with derision on here. It's a football forum, and people are simply returning the óles, kicking their opposition when down.

I think we're in for a very very bumpy ride with Sherwood rather than a smooth ascension.

• Like 1

Then colour me confused. Who in the posts above yours has said this season wasn't Lambert's fault?

Why don't you just say you read things differently, which happens in life? You don't have to question everything. And instead of doing so, why not try explaining what you think they mean. Eh? Xxx

Lambert did a lot of damage.

For a long time, negative comments towards him were met with derision on here. It's a football forum, and people are simply returning the óles, kicking their opposition when down.

I think we're in for a very very bumpy ride with Sherwood rather than a smooth ascension.

Aye, it's going to be a little while before we can say TS has been a success. Edited by DK82

Why don't you just say you read things differently, which happens in life? You don't have to question everything. And instead of doing so, why not try explaining what you think they mean. Eh? Xxx

Ok. I clearly must read things differently because I still don't see who your post was aimed at. Nobody was saying this season wasn't Lambert's fault.

I can't explain what I think "they" mean because I don't know who you're referring to. It might be me or Neil as ours were the posts "above" yours. But neither of us said anything about it not being Lambert's fault.

Neil quoted CrackpotForeigner but he was saying that lambert had lost the plot, and lost the dressing room and should have had more humility and hired people to help him, so i can't see that that was absolving Lambert of blame.

So yeah. my original question still stands.

I didn't realise I was being awkward. I asked because I thought you might have been aiming it at me so I was going to give you a response.

I wasn't expecting the cryptic "guess who" game that has resulted.

Edited by Stevo985

Ok. I clearly must read things differently because I still don't see who your post was aimed at. Nobody was saying this season wasn't Lambert's fault.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I can't explain what I think "they" mean because I don't know who you're referring to. It might be me or Neil as ours were the posts "above" yours. But neither of us said anything about it not being Lambert's fault.

Neil quoted CrackpotForeigner but he was saying that lambert had lost the plot, and lost the dressing room and should have had more humility and hired people to help him, so i can't see that that was absolving Lambert of blame.

So yeah. my original question still stands.

And this forum didn't start this month. Those who are saying that Lambert could have done with these players, or the players he could have done with were not playing for him (I. E, poor Paul, let down by the plagsrs) whilst not admitting the faults he had. Second to this, the forum is full of content from the past few months of those people also not blaming Lambert. It does make me laugh that we are only looking at what has been said today yet somehow forget the content from months ago. Why is that? My opinion is backed up by what I remember from those who have constantly found excuses for Lambert.

So it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular?

That's all I was asking, as per my edited post above. I thought you might have been aiming it at my post so I was going to post a response to make it clear that I wasn't absolving Lambert of blame.

Now that it's clear it was just a rhetorical pat on the back for yourself I'll leave you to it.

Edited by Stevo985

So it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular?

That's all I was asking, as per my edited post above. I thought you might have been aiming it at my post so I was going to post a response to make it clear that I wasn't absolving Lambert of blame.

Now that it's clear it was just a rhetorical pat on the back for yourself I'll leave you to it.

To be honest, I didn't see your post.

I'm giving myself that pat.

I don't think it is. Sunderland were doomed under Poyet. They are absolutely dreadful.

A bit like us under Lambert, they're squad is not as bad as their performances make it look.

I think we'll do enough regardless, but always better to have teams down there worse than you.

Edited by Stevo985

I don't think it is. Sunderland were doomed under Poyet. They are absolutely dreadful.

A bit like us under Lambert, they're squad is not as bad as their performances make it look.

I think we'll do enough regardless, but always better to have teams down there worse than you.

Hopefully they appoint a useless assistant a la QPR

If I remember righly, they were doomed under the previous manager...just got a slight injection from the new manager.  think they're just basically shit, and hopefully continue being shit lol.

If I remember righly, they were doomed under the previous manager...just got a slight injection from the new manager.  think they're just basically shit, and hopefully continue being shit lol.

The slight injection is all they really need though.

They'll be in the same position next season, but very short term that could work for them

They'll be in the same position next season, but very short term that could work for them

Yes, you're right...it is all some teams need at the bottom to get a new battle and scrape results.  Same for us really.

But our future is well in our hands now, we just need to continue doing well and win our winnable games then we can make it without worrying about other teams coming good.  But Sunderland are definitely a team I wouldn't miss from the premier league.

I'd agree but they are a very poor side, not saying we are great but we had players who can make a difference, you look at their squad and without Adam Johnson it's very light in terms of imagination.

This new manager bounce is real according to a stat I heard on the radio (So possibly bollocks). It said that the 10 games leading up to a managers dismissal the team averages a point per game, when the new manager comes in it goes up to 1.3 points in the next 10 games.....

Â