Weekends football 10/11 January

andykeenan

Only going by MOTD highlights again, but what a player Alexis Sanchez looks. Liverpool's loss is Arsenal's gain, and I'll bet Barca have a bit of buyers remorse over getting Suarez in...

Suarez was born January '87, Sanchez was born December '88 so there is less than two years between them.  I don't think their age relative to each other would be any kind of concern for Barcelona when they made the deals happen.  Sanchez was one of world football's bright young things when he was tearing Serie A up with Udinese three or four years ago and I think he could have gone anywhere from there when it became inevitable Udinese wouldn't be able to hang onto him (I guess Alexandre Lacazette is this season's equivalent) and it's not like he wasn't anything other than a success at Barcelona is it?  He outscored Neymar last season.   I guess Suarez is more of a "star" player and he might be better individually but he might be one of those guys like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, to get the best out of him you have to build the team around him.  That just isn't going to happen while Barcelona have Leo Messi on their books.  

Â