The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

I am skimming through this and I find it interesting to see how people try to force their perception on reality. Negotiating with ISIS, trying to figure out what would be the thing which will appease them... leave what those ISIS loonies say - we know better.

The intentions of ISIS are very clear. Unlike what we're used to call "diplomacy", they don't talk themselves to doing nothing for the sake of keeping everything at bay. They do exactly what the say - from military attacks, through horrifying executions (great for propaganda) to ... well... there is no "to" as there is no limit to their deeds. 

You can't solve this diplomatically. They only way to stop them is to bomb them, cut their funding (mainly through oil) and try to use the local tribes (and the Kurds!!!!) to make their moves against ISIS.

Bombing? Fighting? Hell yeah! These are the means which brought an end to the Nazi regime. There is no reason these will not be a part of toppling the ISIS loonies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Glarmorgan said:

I am skimming through this and I find it interesting to see how people try to force their perception on reality. Negotiating with ISIS, trying to figure out what would be the thing which will appease them... leave what those ISIS loonies say - we know better.

The intentions of ISIS are very clear. Unlike what we're used to call "diplomacy", they don't talk themselves to doing nothing for the sake of keeping everything at bay. They do exactly what the say - from military attacks, through horrifying executions (great for propaganda) to ... well... there is no "to" as there is no limit to their deeds. 

You can't solve this diplomatically. They only way to stop them is to bomb them, cut their funding (mainly through oil) and try to use the local tribes (and the Kurds!!!!) to make their moves against ISIS.

Bombing? Fighting? Hell yeah! These are the means which brought an end to the Nazi regime. There is no reason these will not be a part of toppling the ISIS loonies.

I'd agree with the bombing if ISIS weren't hiding in civilian areas.

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I just wish those who would also vote no would offer up more than you 'can't bomb an idea'.

I'd vote 'no' at the moment.

My not having a detailed and fool proof plan, doesn't stop me knowing that the current plan is a bit shit.

I'm happy to leave complicated stuff to experts. By experts, I don't mean military people needing something to do to protect a budget.

• Like 2

Just now, coda said:

I'd agree with the bombing if ISIS weren't hiding in civilian areas.

Well, as an Israeli, this is an issue we are quite use to deal with... unfortunately.

You can't play the game by the rules ISIS set, since you will not be able to do a thing. Again, this is the same issue Israel deals with during our annual rumble with Hammas, and ISIS, just as Hizballa, learned that the western civilizations look differently upon things. This is common way nowadays - just hide your soldiers/rockets inside a village an let the westerners explain why can't they do a god damn things to stop you. In other words - when dealing with Islamic terror you have to think differently. There is no "code of conduct" and the Geneva convention does not apply.

1 minute ago, Glarmorgan said:

Well, as an Israeli, this is an issue we are quite use to deal with... unfortunately.

You can't play the game by the rules ISIS set, since you will not be able to do a thing. Again, this is the same issue Israel deals with during our annual rumble with Hammas, and ISIS, just as Hizballa, learned that the western civilizations look differently upon things. This is common way nowadays - just hide your soldiers/rockets inside a village an let the westerners explain why can't they do a god damn things to stop you. In other words - when dealing with Islamic terror you have to think differently. There is no "code of conduct" and the Geneva convention does not apply.

I suggest we push them off their land and build a big **** off wall around the bits we want.

Yes, bomb them, bomb them, bomb them.

'Islamic terror' means we are not constricted by any Geneva Convention.

Bomb them, bomb them, bomb them.

Kill them all. Civilians? Hey, Geneva does not apply.

'Think' differently.

Bomb them, bomb them, bomb them.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Sure, let's  throw some dull cynic remarks at the one with the Israeli flag as an avatar. I guess you will be able to run these smart lines with the ISIS diplomats you'll engage, trying to come to an "agreeable" solution.

I don't appreciate the cynicism. ISIS, whether you like it or not, is a deadly organization which aim is plain and simple - establish a Caliphate. Sure - you can try negotiating with them. Please let me know when you'll be able to contact their "ambassadors" or minister of foreign affairs, to try and begin these negotiations. I guess those poor sods who needed to ventilate some of the pressure by shooting in Paris will appreciate your thoughts. Or maybe those who were captured in Iraq and told how they were using blunt knives to decapitate their prisoners, in order to enhance the suffering of those dying anyway. They only need someone to understand their motives for such atrocities. They are not to blame and even if we do blame them - we can fix them! We can talk them out of it. Words, after all, worked wonders throughout human history. Many atrocities and vile acts were prevented by words. 

You can blab as much as you'd like. This will not change the fact that an army of Islamic terrorists runs amok, committing horrible atrocities at Muslims (so horrible that even Israel dare not commit!!!)  while fighting the Syrian "lawful" regime, which already bombed and killed hundreds of thousands of their own citizens (dropping barrels filled with explosives! This is so vile that even the satanic Israelis never took such acts)... ,and you think this can be won by using words. Sure - you know it all. The number of Syrian and Iraqi casualties are staggering, but... nah. Let's talk - this will make everything better! I am sure they'll opt to talk with you just as soon as they'll finish raping those 8 year old Yazidi girls. Then they'll be more... willing to listen to reason.

I guess that's why up to this point ISIS killed people on European soil than on a Israeli one, despite Israel sitting on the doorstep of this mayhem. That is why there are many more Europeans recruiting ISIS that Arab Israelis. There is nothing like an innocent 18 year old Austrian who look fondly at these freedom fighters, who will beat her to death a couple of months later for trying to escape. 

We know this territory. We learned how things work here and that is why there is a unity between Jews and Arabs here in regards to ISIS. We, whether you like it or not, have long realized that words work only in some regions. The middle east is not one of them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Glarmorgan said:

Sure, let's  throw some dull cynic remarks at the one with the Israeli flag as an avatar.

What on earth has your avatar or, specifically, that it is an 'Israeli flag' have to do with the following comments from your posts?

1 hour ago, Glarmorgan said:

They only way to stop them is to bomb them

Bombing? Fighting? Hell yeah!

this [hiding in civilian areas] is an issue we are quite use to deal with ... unfortunately

dealing with Islamic terror you have to think differently. There is no "code of conduct" and the Geneva convention does not apply

26 minutes ago, Glarmorgan said:

while fighting the Syrian "lawful" regime, which already bombed and killed hundreds of thousands of their own citizens (dropping barrels filled with explosives! This is so vile that even the satanic Israelis never took such acts)...

Well no you haven't but then you don't need too you've got white phosphorus shells.... who needs barrels.

But anyway, I agree with you we can't negotiate with ISIS but please don't reference your nationality or the flag in your avatar when people are responding to what you post, it isn't anti-semitism or a reflection of your nationality. Its just people disagreeing.

• Like 4

@Glarmorgan  All together too much truth spoken in your posts that is simply not mentally acceptable for some contributors, sadly.   Thats not not say Israel isn't creating a feedback loop of hate in Palestine (it's not yours and you have no right to seize it), but the fact is very many people in the 'West' totally misunderstand the problem of IS.  We'll either deal with it up front or pay somewhere down the road. My money is on the latter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Who is it in this thread that has said military action isn't part of the solution? Who is it that's offering appeasement?

I've missed these posts.

It's either bombing civilian areas or sitting down for a cup of tea with ISIS. No other options...apparently.

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Who is it in this thread that has said military action isn't part of the solution? Who is it that's offering appeasement?

I've missed these posts.

I don't think I'm offering appeasement but I'd like to hold up my hand and say that I can't advocate military action as part of the solution. That's because I can't advocate military action at all. I'm a pacifist, I suppose.

Even allowing for the intransigence of that position, I think it's perfectly acceptable to give my opinion, to question the opinions of others (especially when it has to do with the efficacy of actions proposed) and to criticize without coming up with a fully costed, developed and 'acceptable to others' alternative.

What I wouldn't be happy with would be to have someone in the decision-making office who also held my view, though I would also extend that issue to anyone that held any view on such a subject that couldn't permit himself to be swayed by the opinions of others (the majority, the nation, & so on) or evidence.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well this looks like a pretty significant development

US announces 'expeditionary force' to target Isis in Iraq and Syria

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/01/us-military-expeditionary-force-isis-iraq-syria

Entirely predictable as well. In fact, it's probably already been operating there for months, they just feel comfortable announcing it now, after Paris.

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well this looks like a pretty significant development

US announces 'expeditionary force' to target Isis in Iraq and Syria

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/01/us-military-expeditionary-force-isis-iraq-syria

I'd have suggested to them that they worry about incoming from the Russians but they probably aren't really active in that region.

Anyway, probably more sensible for them to be worried about their own side. Best stay away from any (still surviving) hospitals, chaps.

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Entirely predictable as well. In fact, it's probably already been operating there for months, they just feel comfortable announcing it now, after Paris.

As I posted in the other thread yesterday, a report emerged yesterday that a Kurdish fighter had shown a journalist a video of U.S. special forces fighting ISIS despite the claim they were there in a training capacity.

Today's news that they are actually doing something else is as predictable as Donald Trump saying something stupid.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As I posted in the other thread yesterday, a report emerged yesterday that a Kurdish fighter had shown a journalist a video of U.S. special forces fighting ISIS despite the claim they were there in a training capacity.

Today's news that they are actually doing something else is as predictable as Donald Trump saying something stupid.

Or just untrue...

Edited by maqroll

Â