• Mathieu Berson
    • Martin Laursen
    • Carlton Cole
    • Steve Davis
    • Luke Moore
    • Eric Djemba-Djemba
    • Other (specify)

Okay, just so we're clear this time.

This poll is to decide who will win the VillaTalk 'best newcomer' award for 2004-2005. Past winners:

2003-2004 Gavin McCann

2002-2003 Ronny Johnsen

2001-2002 Olof Mellberg

In order to qualify for the award, the player must have started his first Premiership match for Villa this season. Poll runs for 7 days

Even though I like Steve Davis ( Not like that ) I think Martin Laursen has been quite excellent in the few games he's played this season.

He's filled many gaps and gave Olly good support in the backbone of defence.

Olly hasn't shone recently as much as he'd like and having Martin Laursen's ariel prowess in there has ensured some good results of late.

surely Stevey has to win this hands down?

it's between him and ML, but to be honest, when we signed ML we already knew he was class from playing in Italy and from the World Cup. Also, whilst ML is class, he hasn't played that many games for us really yet, has he.

Steven Davies has simply been a revelation for me, and the sign of his ability can be judged that when Gav returns fit, many on here (me included) would have him as first choice partner for Gav.

That's how good the guy is.

I picked Laursen, he may not have played many games but you can see how good a signing he is. I really like watching Davis play and praise him a lot, but Laursen was the missing ingredient in our defense - if he and mellberg were at the back all season I think we would find ourselves a fair bit higher.

Thought it would be closer between Laursen, Berson and Davis.

Davis has played more matches and has come through the youth, which would be a slight advantage, imo. Laursen has looked better in the games thta he has managed to play.

The pair, plus Berson, should improve into next season.

i.e. played from the start as opposed to starting his first premiership which by definition means making his debut, which can happen at any time in the match.

Its not important though as he's nowhere in this poll!!!

Laursen hands down. Just like Mellberg, he can carry a defence. Davis needs someone behind him, otherwise his lack of defensive qualities shine through. Like in the WBA game. Davis oozes potential though, specially with the right partner (Gav?).

Â