1. 1. Best newcomer?

• Mathieu Berson
    • Martin Laursen
    • Carlton Cole
    • Steve Davis
    • Luke Moore
    • Eric Djemba-Djemba
    • Other (specify)

It's got to be Davies. Laursen would probably win by a mile if he'd played a few more matches though - he is class.

agree in some respects, in that Laursen does look class.

However, he should do really, shouldn't he. He's at his peak, has played in Serie A and at the World Cup for Denmark and has now been around a while.

Davis for me also looks class. He has just broken into the Villa first team and has legitimate claims for a starting berth alongside Gav when all are fit. And this is his first full season. And he's just a wee nipper. And he cost us "now't". And he's also now wjust become a full international (admittedly for N Ire).

I really do like the look of this guy :)

Bloody hell its busy on here today

Still desperately close, at the time of writing its neck and neck between the young pretender and the crock kneed dane. Who will win? You, the VT public will decide.

Looks to me like Laursen's tally is being affected by the fact that he is older than Davis DESPITE being a VILLA newcomer. Once again, a slight misinterpretation of the poll. I'm not bitter at all that Davis is going to win this :bang:

Looks to me like Laursen's tally is being affected by the fact that he is older than Davis DESPITE being a VILLA newcomer.

not an age thing really Bri.

more of a "expectation" type of thing.

SD has really come from nowhere and achieved a hell of a lot IMO this season.

Whilst ML has done really well "in the last few games", to be honest i expected him to do well, given his pedigree before we signed him.

For me, SD has played consistently well since he got into the team. And he looks like he could hold down a place despite the competion for midfield places at Villa. These were all factors i took into consideration. Now't really to do with how "old" ML is, as that's irrelevant.

Well the question this poll should come down to is.

Accepting that both are newcomers. Which of them, based on their performances, is more crucial to the Villa cause ? Which, based on performance, is now more important to the first 11 ?

Well the question this poll should come down to is.

Accepting that both are newcomers. Which of them, based on their performances, is more crucial to the Villa cause ? Which, based on performance, is now more important to the first 11 ?

surely it's a season long thing though Bri?

I just feel that, over the season, SD has contributed/impressed me more, all things considered.

Not just who is, at the moment, the more important player. If that were the vote, I would indeed go for ML.

Its just really which of them has had the biggest impact, or which of them you think is the best player based upon what you've seen. I'm really surprised to see Laursen there as he's only played half a dozen games. Its a bit difficult to judge a player on that basis. In fact, of those in the poll, the only one that can be realistically judged is Carlton Cole, as none pf the rest have really played enough games to assess their impact or otherwise.

In fact, of those in the poll, the only one that can be realistically judged is Carlton Cole, as none pf the rest have really played enough games to assess their impact or otherwise.

so it was you! :shock: :wink:

I've gone for Steven Davis, I've got to say my pick of the new players have to be Berson, Laursen and Davis.

I went for Davis in the end because i think for a young player he's settled in brilliantly and is already showing that he has nice passing and skill as well as being tough in the tackle and ready for a battle.

I know Ridgewell played last year but i thought he would have been in the list.

L Moore played last year but is on the list. Sort it out PB ;)

Come on guys, this really isnt really a very difficult concept to grasp. We've never had these problems in any other year. better class of poster when i were a lad.

When did Luke Moore start his first league game? was it

a) This season, or

B) Last season

If you answered a, then you are correct, and this is why Luke is in this poll.

Ridgewell?

a) last season

B) This season

Again, the correct answer is a, so Liam is not in this poll.

:D

Â