What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

absolutely worshipped these guys

but then, that's because they had all the best tunes

Still remember getting a copy of Snap on cassette when I was 11 or 12. I'd heard the singles of course but that compilation was a game changer for me.

Great memories :)

• Like 1

Aah see, being slightly older and very seriously up my own arse I wouldn't buy Snap! as they'd previously said they wouldn't issue a greatest hits album.

Which left me with a dilemma. It had a 4 track EP with it.

So I struck a deal with my mate's sister, I gave her money towards her buying the album on the condition I had the EP. What an EP! I've still got it, plus every other single they released. Still got the stripey paper gift bag the 12 inch version of The Gift came in. Got some Japanese import singles (often crediting the bass guitarist as Bluce Foxton). Got the yellow flexi disc of pop art poem.

I went the full Jimmy Cooper meltdown when they split up.

139d1a7f98e9c4658f10f31aa1183f63.gif

I met them when they were The Style Council. I took my Merton Parkas record covers for Mick Talbot to sign (which he did because he's a beautiful gentle human). But I didn't take any Jam ones as I didn't want to appear uncool. Dick.

• Like 2

My parents bought me Snap as my eldest sister kept complaining that I constantly borrowed her 7 inch singles  (Beat Surrender and Down in the Tube Station at Midnight being the usual victims) and I still remember it being one of the most fantastic Xmas gifts I'd ever had.

I had a Kinks compilation cassette the same year which in my mind definitely made me a bona fide Mod.

A trip with school to London the following year and the purchase of a Jam inch wide tie from Carnaby Street just enforced the belief.

My mom taking me to Birmingham to buy a German parka the year after was the icing on the cake though. That was a great birthday :) 

The kids at school took the piss of course, but they were idiots who didn't even understand when I asked my history teacher Mrs Jones how old Berts lumbago was.

Edited by Designer1
Bona fide spelling
  • Like 2

ooh, I don't think I've heard Wire before....off I go on the google...

one more to sign off with, filmed where I buy about 75% of my shite

that's 75% over about 30 or so years, so they've had a few quid off me

• Like 1

Â