What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

The Hollies - Carrie Ann (yes, I have acquired a load of Hollies tracks) they were better than the Beatles
Don't be silly. Their singles were uniformly good though. I'm alive, I can't let go, Bus stop...

I'm listening to Requiem for a Tribe Brother by the late great Malcolm Williamson. Sweet, sweet music.

Quite apart from my appreciation of the talents of the much-maligned former Master of the Queen's Musick, see my signature below. Click on 1959. Ignore the corny smiles and shoulder-work and just listen to Eddie.

Or Sidney.

The Hollies - Carrie Ann (yes, I have acquired a load of Hollies tracks) they were better than the Beatles
Don't be silly. Their singles were uniformly good though. I'm alive, I can't let go, Bus stop...

I'm listening to Requiem for a Tribe Brother by the late great Malcolm Williamson. Sweet, sweet music.

I suppose I should have said "IMO"

Loving the Stones.....'Their Satanic Majesties Request'.....quite a departure from their RnB roots for the stones on this one. At least 4 great tunes on......'Citadel'....'2000 Man'....'She's a Rainbow'....'The Lantern'. Their first and last non RnB record....also the first and last album to be produced by Richards........I like it.

Jimmy Buffett's Hot Water album:

Homemade Music

Baby's Gone Shoppin'

Bring Back the Magic

My Barracuda

L'Air de la Louisiane

Prince of Tides

Pre-You

King of Somewhere Hot (a lackluster live rendition, there, IMO)

(partial live version, there)

Smart Woman (In a Real Short Skirt)

And tonight, the next Buffett album, Off to See the Lizard... criticized by many as Buffett's low point (perhaps because it's the one where he most embraces 80s adult pop motifs...), it would end a run of annual album releases for 5 years while he focused on prose. And no, I don't have his next album...

Carnival World (video is another live rendition (synths have been replaced with steel drums)... I don't know why Jimmy did so many songs from his late-80s albums for the Anguilla shows)

Take Another Road

That's My Story and I'm Sticking to It (another from Anguilla)

Why the Things We Do

Gravity Storm

Off to See the Lizard

Boomerang Love

Strange Bird

I Wish Lunch Could Last Forever

The Pascagoula Run

Changing Channels

I'm not listening to anything right now because the missus wants some quiet but just before I was listening to

See that Glow by This Island Earth an early synth pop band from Liverpool in the early 80's and when I read that article it reminded me that...............firstly I dropped my first tab of acid with John Hawkins who was the chief musician in the band and secondly I'd shagged the singer :mrgreen:

Â