What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

It's an interesting one, never a Ride fan, my wife was and all apart from Twisterella in this house are owned by her, but this, well I wonder if the people who might buy the new album might be put off by it. If you compare it to Kisses by Slowdive, a band that know their audience, it's weak. Very weak. 

I wonder if she will like it. I thought Ride's first comeback album was very good, but this single is just too soft and polished for me. Maybe the rest of the new album when it drops next month will be more the razory side of them. People do age and get soft, don't they? Saw them live in 1992 with Lush no less. Still trying to find the back of my skull that was blown off that day. Incred show. Here's the Ride I remember best. When played live, it was so loud I didn't hear correctly for several days. It almost knocked you down. 

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

It's an interesting one, never a Ride fan, my wife was and all apart from Twisterella in this house are owned by her, but this, well I wonder if the people who might buy the new album might be put off by it. If you compare it to Kisses by Slowdive, a band that know their audience, it's weak. Very weak. 

The first reformed Ride album was decent, I never bought it though. I did buy the second one and in all honesty it was disappointing

The Slowdive comparison is valid as both reactivated around the same time and both brought our decent albums around the same time. 

I haven't listened to that track posted, I probably will but I'm also not in a rush to either

I got bored of Ride first Time around after the first album too if I'm honest but to their credit they are trying to be something different, Slowdive no so much but Ride's different is just a bit Indie by numbers IMO

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Holy shit --- what a killer video. The modified telecaster, waylon looking so young, the sexy electric pianist, the even sexier Johnny and Waylon in full greaser mode introducing the song half-seriously. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Â