Paul Lambert

limpid

I agree with a lot of what is said in that.

Not sure why Lambert was surprised that paying customers were giving him some grief.

Maybe it was something to do with the team failing to win in 14 of the last 17 games!

Maybe it was something to do with him having a net spend of more than 11 of the current premier league teams since he joined but the team still being awful!

Maybe it was something to do with the team show little progress 2 and a half years on!

Maybe it was something to do with 10 of the last 17 games where we haven't managed even 1 goal!

Maybe it was something to do with only managing to score 2 or more on one occasion in the last 17 games!

Maybe the majority of the fans think someone else can do better!

Lambert out.

I think it was the net spend.

The net spend was crucial.

You haven't said enough about the net spend.

Can I know more about the net spend please?  :detect:

• Like 2

Yes of course - go and educate yourself!

17 games - 14 failed to win.

The more I look at this it doesn't look great! (the games we won: completely outplayed by Palace, beat a bottom of the table 10 man Leicester and then struggled to score against a woeful bottom of the table Blackpool).

Yes of course - go and educate yourself!

17 games - 14 failed to win.

The more I look at this it doesn't look great! (the games we won: completely outplayed by Palace, beat a bottom of the table 10 man Leicester and then struggled to score against a woeful bottom of the table Blackpool).

Yet we are 12th in the league. How have we blagged that when we are so poor??

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

We're also 5 points from 19th place.

in other words 12th

Considering we were 11th at this stage last season and 8 points clear from 19th place that doesn't sound like progress.

That just highlights that in 2 games time we could be a maximum of 2 places higher but we could drop a huge 7 places lower theoretically. ;)

Ifs, buts and coconuts.  ;)

If we scored a few goals ;)

We're also 5 points from 19th place.

in other words 12th

Considering we were 11th at this stage last season and 8 points clear from 19th place that doesn't sound like progress.

Leagues change from year to year. Not really comparable is it. We are roughly in the same place.

It's a means for comparison and considering Lambo has said it is his strongest squad he has I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that after 20 games (where we are now) that we would see an improvement in position, points and goal difference from last season.

Now the Holte have turned Lambo may have to up his managerial performance.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

After 2 and a half years though? It's a pretty big change. A change that I think will take at least 2 or 3 months to be effective. A good change I agree but it just seems to have come out of the blue.

I think the change has been season long, but two stages.

First stage seemed to be to imrpove the defence, and then build from there by implementing a passing game.

Why he chose now to go from defensive counter attacking to possession, I don't know. My guess would be the favourable fixtures we've had recently. Maybe he felt it best to weather our hard run and then attack the passing?

Whether this has been his plan all along, who knows?

Well he certainly missjudged the timing.

Sun 7 16:00 H Leicester City PREM W 2-1

Sat 13 15:00 A West Bromwich Albion PREM L 1-0

Sat 20 15:00 H Manchester United PREM D 1-1

Fri 26 15:00 A Swansea City PREM L 1-0

Sun 28 15:00 H Sunderland PREM D 0-0 35,436

January 2015

Thu 1 15:00 H Crystal Palace PREM D 0-0 29,047

6pts

should have got 12pts

You kind of missed the point I think.

The point was it would be easier to implement a new style against "easier" opponents.

The points we got from those games were pretty much irrelevant to what I was talking about.

Possible

I missed your point

you mine

AVFC are missing the points

It's a mean for comparison and considering Lambo has said it is his strongest squad he has I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that after 20 games (where we are now) that we would see an improvement in position, points and goal difference from last season.

I get that, I agree to an extent but its not an exact science is it. Teams get weaker, teams get better, new teams get added, previous teams are removed. What you can say is we are roughly in the same position as we were last last season which doesn't show overall progression. What you can't do is break it down to exact points, goal difference etc because the parameters have changed.

All my opinion of course.  ;)

You forgo

It's a mean for comparison and considering Lambo has said it is his strongest squad he has I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that after 20 games (where we are now) that we would see an improvement in position, points and goal difference from last season.

I get that, I agree to an extent but its not an exact science is it. Teams get weaker, teams get better, new teams get added, previous teams are removed. What you can say is we are roughly in the same position as we were last last season which doesn't show overall progression. What you can't do is break it down to exact points, goal difference etc because the parameters have changed.

All my opinion of course.  ;)

You forgot "teams stop scoring goals and allow weaker teams to catch up!"

Â