Paul Lambert

limpid

wonder how good he'd be without a chequebook and a job with pressure (I mean real pressure not a job where he can buy himself out of trouble). 

Pretty good

He won the Champions League with Porto making a profit of 7 million quid on transfers

But premier league is totally different not la Liga. Bet he wouldn't be as successful with a pressure job and lack of finances in the Premier League. Totally different and harder to succeed without decent money!

What a strange post.

Of course it's harder to succeed with less money. What exactly is the point you're making? That Mourinho woul dbe less successful at a club where he had less money to spend?

Well yeah, of course he would. Any manager would be.

The point of a good manager is you get the best out of the club. If Mourinho is at a club with lots of money then they expect to be winning trophies, and he's done that pretty much wherever he's been.

If he came to a club like Villa his remit wouldn't be to win the league unless he was backed by a huge amount of cash.

I'd put good money on him getting the best out of the club though.

Edited by Stevo985

I'm sorry but buy this argument that Lambert is a shit manager and is just "lucky" not to be sacked. Given all the shit he's had to deal with from the board I don't think he's done a bad job at all.

Rubbish!

He's the only manager in the Premier League who has never had to rely on results to keep his job. If he was decent he would have resigned because of all the 'shit from the board' but he knows he will never get such a high profile job again.

Plus I don't see what shit from the board is either there are plenty of managers who work to a budget and he has always been adamant that he makes all the footballing decisions such as his failed 'young and hungry' experiments.

All the past few years have proved are that Norwich was his glass ceiling!

All Premier League managers have to rely on results to keep their job - including Lambert.

So Lambert is indecent because he's sticking with a job despite having to work under tough conditions?

What tough conditions?

With Lambert's record over the past two seasons any other Chairman in the League would have sacked Lambert. Managers with better records than Lambert have been sacked! All he has had to do is suck up to Lerner! Easy for a hard up gimp!

Didn't McLeish try sucking up too?

I think he's pretty fortunate to have kept his job and I think he's extremely fortunate to have been given a new deal.

The sale of the club has allowed him the freedom to produce awful results and provided the necessity for some stability in the club.

I think he's a very fortunate man.

Fortunate though he's met the expectation of the chairman. Reduce costs and stay up.

I'm sorry but buy this argument that Lambert is a shit manager and is just "lucky" not to be sacked. Given all the shit he's had to deal with from the board I don't think he's done a bad job at all.

Rubbish!

He's the only manager in the Premier League who has never had to rely on results to keep his job. If he was decent he would have resigned because of all the 'shit from the board' but he knows he will never get such a high profile job again.

Plus I don't see what shit from the board is either there are plenty of managers who work to a budget and he has always been adamant that he makes all the footballing decisions such as his failed 'young and hungry' experiments.

All Premier League managers have to rely on results to keep their job - including Lambert.

So Lambert is indecent because he's sticking with a job despite having to work under tough conditions?

What tough conditions?

With Lambert's record over the past two seasons any other Chairman in the League would have sacked Lambert. Managers with better records than Lambert have been sacked! All he has had to do is suck up to Lerner! Easy for a hard up gimp!

I have no problem with people slating Lambert.

But most of your criticism seems to be based on total conjecture.

I think he's pretty fortunate to have kept his job and I think he's extremely fortunate to have been given a new deal.

The sale of the club has allowed him the freedom to produce awful results and provided the necessity for some stability in the club.

Yes I think Mantis would be better off asking Lucky Lambert for this weekends lottery results he would be jammie enough to pick them!

Yes and even when we are for sale and according to some would not be attractive to a decent manager he chooses to sign a new 4 year deal? I think Paul Knows exactly which side his bread is buttered! He's probably set up for life now?

Yes I think Mantis would be better off asking Lucky Lambert for this weekends lottery results he would be jammie enough to pick them!

Yes and even when we are for sale and according to some would not be attractive to a decent manager he chooses to sign a new 4 year deal? I think Paul Knows exactly which side his bread is buttered! He's probably set up for life now?

I asked you because apparently we will finish in the bottom quarter again this year so surely you must be able to see into the future?

Rubbish!

What tough conditions?

Your probably right but show me where anyone on here has ever dealt in facts.

So are we in for more surviving in the Premier League years for the foreseeable then?

wonder how good he'd be without a chequebook and a job with pressure (I mean real pressure not a job where he can buy himself out of trouble). 

Pretty good

He won the Champions League with Porto making a profit of 7 million quid on transfers

But premier league is totally different not la Liga. Bet he wouldn't be as successful with a pressure job and lack of finances in the Premier League. Totally different and harder to succeed without decent money!

What a strange post.

Of course it's harder to succeed with less money. What exactly is the point you're making? That Mourinho woul dbe less successful at a club where he had less money to spend?

Well yeah, of course he would. Any manager would be.

The point of a good manager is you get the best out of the club. If Mourinho is at a club with lots of money then they expect to be winning trophies, and he's done that pretty much wherever he's been.

If he came to a club like Villa his remit wouldn't be to win the league unless he was backed by a huge amount of cash.

I'd put good money on him getting the best out of the club though.

Well if that's the case then Lambert is doing a bloody good job - if at Villa it is not about winning the league then why all the crap aimed at Lambert. He is doing just what Mourhino would be doing - not winning the league but keeping us in the league and finish as high as possible but would he find players that are good in the price bracket he would have - would he find a Benteke? Maybe - maybe not. Maybe with the squad we have he'd be the same as Lambert - whose to say? We'll never know.

I asked you because apparently we will finish in the bottom quarter again this year so surely you must be able to see into the future?

No I made an educated assessment based upon previous performance which is all I can do. I think you will find quite a few pundits and journalists actually predicted we would finish the year in the bottom three so I am not alone in my assessment.

Maybe it was my grammatical error to use will.

No I made an educated assessment based upon previous performance which is all I can do. I think you will find quite a few pundits and journalists actually predicted we would finish the year in the bottom three so I am not alone in my assessment.

Maybe it was my grammatical error to use will.

It wasn't your prediction I had a problem with, but rather your use of the word will. I certainly never denied that some pundits have tipped us to go down but to be honest I couldn't give a shit what they think, especially hacks like Gobby Cabbage.

I think PL is a very good manager and I very happy that he is here for the long haul. What we need is stability and a manager with an eye for a good bargain in the transfer market and PL has that.  

Stability? Could have kept McLeish.

Eye for a bargain? It's hit and miss - like most managers.

Some of the worst performances I have ever seen from 20 years of watching Villa and he's yet to prove to me we are heading anywhere with his "style".

Rubbish!

What tough conditions?

So are we in for more surviving in the Premier League years for the foreseeable then?

People deal in facts all the time on here.

There's plenty of people who level criticism at Lambert and back it up with facts. That's fair enough even if I don't agree with them a lot.

But your posts seem to be relying on stuff like "we will finish in the bottom quarter this season" (conjecture)

and that Lambert is only surviving by "sucking up to Lerner". Again, conjecture.

Criticise all you like, but don't make stuff up. That smacks of desperation, whichever side of the argument is doing it.

This place is bloody ridiculous at times, and predictably so too.

After the Liverpool game if you came on here you'd think we didn't have a care in the world and plenty of people predicted that the boo boys would be out in force again should we predictably be well beaten by one or all of Arsenal, Chelsea and City.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and how accurate a forecast was that.

Rubbish!

What tough conditions?

People deal in facts all the time on here.

There's plenty of people who level criticism at Lambert and back it up with facts. That's fair enough even if I don't agree with them a lot.

But your posts seem to be relying on stuff like "we will finish in the bottom quarter this season" (conjecture)

and that Lambert is only surviving by "sucking up to Lerner". Again, conjecture.

Criticise all you like, but don't make stuff up. That smacks of desperation, whichever side of the argument is doing it.

Fair Enough Stevo.

But isn't this forum also for giving one's opinion? Most posts are actually opinions of the posters not facts. Hey ho though we go again!

After the Liverpool game if you came on here you'd think we didn't have a care in the world and plenty of people predicted that the boo boys would be out in force again should we predictably be well beaten by one or all of Arsenal, Chelsea and City.

To be fair I post on a couple of other sites and it was only VT where the critism of Lambert had subsided. There has been a tendancy to shout down any Lambert critism on here and I therefore think the 'boo boys' as you call them got bullied off here?

To be fair I post on a couple of other sites and it was only VT where the critism of Lambert had subsided. There has been a tendancy to shout down any Lambert critism on here and I therefore think the 'boo boys' as you call them got bullied off here?

Good

If you'd come on posting all this after the Liverpool game and after we'd gone four games unbeaten, winning three then at least it might carry some credence.

As it is and as it always is it's done after we lose when all concerned become easy targets.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Good

If you'd come on posting all this after the Liverpool game and after we'd gone four games unbeaten, winning three then at least it might carry some credence.

As it is and as it always is it's done after we lose when all concerned become easy targets.

I did, got abuse and I reacted to it (when I should have let the mods deal with it) and recieved 4 warning points from the mods.

As life too short to have bullies sitting behind their keyboards throwing out personal and disgusting insults I decided to lurk. At least at the moment everyone is remaining civil and a reasonable discussion is being had.

Jose Sourfaceinho (he reminds me of Jeff Dunhams' Jose the jalapeno) has never beaten Villa at Villa Park. That must irk the self proclaimed 'special one'. As stated - wonder how good he'd be without a chequebook and a job with pressure (I mean real pressure not a job where he can buy himself out of trouble).

I doubt he gives something so irrelevent a moment's thought.

Good

Oh please. Criticism is only valid after a win?

Ok, then. Your excuses aren't valid after a loss. Even?

I think PL is a very good manager and I very happy that he is here for the long haul. What we need is stability and a manager with an eye for a good bargain in the transfer market and PL has that.  

Stability? Could have kept McLeish.

Eye for a bargain? It's hit and miss - like most managers.

Some of the worst performances I have ever seen from 20 years of watching Villa and he's yet to prove to me we are heading anywhere with his "style".

Actually McLeish and Lambert have almost identical records so Lerner could have just saved himself a few million in compo to the ginger one and not paid out compo to Norwich so as to bring in Mcleish's carbon copy's bully boy mates (sorry I mean Lamberts backroom staff).

Â