Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert has to go, he has signed some of the worst players ever for Villa and he has not improved the defence when he had the opportunity to in the transfer window. Clark & Baker are liabilities and cannot be trusted when Vlaar is out, Tonev, Bowery, Bennett, Helenius, Luna, all shocking signings no pride

I maybe in the minority but I actually think he will gone in the summer. Lerner may want to spend the bare minimum to stay in the league but even he will see that it's too close for comfort with Lambert in charge.

There are many managers that would want the job considering the salary involved.

I expect him gone.

• Like 1

I maybe in the minority but I actually think he will gone in the summer. Lerner may want to spend the bare minimum to stay in the league but even he will see that it's too close for comfort with Lambert in charge.

There are many managers that would want the job considering the salary involved.

I expect him gone.

No chance. Survive on the cheap. Perfect yes man.

• Like 1

I expect him gone.

No chance. Survive on the cheap. Perfect yes man.

Attendances are dropping fast though. Lerner will know a new manager could change that.

• Like 1

Obviously it would be an easier job for Lambert if he had more money and better players available, but it doesn't excuse the poor results, poor football and awful home form. Plenty of managers have worked within tight budgets and managed to implement either a watchable style of football - everyone at Swansea, Martinez at Wigan, numerous clubs in the lower leagues (although it is admittedly easier to play passing football when you have more time on the ball, which is the case in those divisions) - or good results - Moyes at Everton, Fulham for most seasons save this one.

In the end, he has spent money, and clearly tried to build a team out of 'young and hungry' players. If you want to win support for such a long term strategy, you need to show signs of progression and ambition. We've seen neither, and people are rightly unhappy with how the club is being run and managed at the minute.

In all honesty I actually think this is as good as it gets under him, regardless of whether or not he has serious money to spend. Even if he had the sums that Man City give their managers he'd still wildly underacheive, as he'd set the team up in such an awful way and he can't even get the basics right.

He's a very limited manager way out of his depth who rode the crest of a wave with Norwich, and he'll never work in a job as big as this. Well, maybe Celtic would employ him but the SPL is like league one.

• Like 1

If Lerner thinks changing yet another manager will do more good than investing more then he's out of his mind. There's no point trying to placate the people who want him out because they'll only want the next manager out 18 months later when we have similar results due to a lack of funding.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

If Lerner thinks changing yet another manager will do more good than investing more then he's out of his mind. There's no point trying to placate the people who want him out because they'll only want the next manager out 18 months later when we have similar results due to a lack of funding.

Have all of Lerner's decisions over the past 4 seasons made sense? Anything is possible.

We have a decent squad we just need a 2 or 3 good players in certain positions to help develop a style, another dimension you can say

Even though the football is similar in terms off direct on the counter we had an identity under O'Neill we had some good players in key positions who own there own could win games we just have 1 or 2 now

• Like 2

We have a decent squad we just need a 2 or 3 good players in certain positions to help develop a style, another dimension you can say

Even though the football is similar in terms off direct on the counter we had an identity under O'Neill we had some good players in key positions who own there own could win games we just have 1 or 2 now

I don't think we have a decent squad at all. We have 4/5 very good players, a load of average ones and even more piss poor ones.

Have all of Lerner's decisions over the past 4 seasons made sense? Anything is possible.

I wasn't saying it wasn't possible, for the sake of the club though I just hope Lerner doesn't take the short term option of firing Lambert.

I wasn't saying it wasn't possible, for the sake of the club though I just hope Lerner doesn't take the short term option of firing Lambert.

For the sake of the club I hope he does.

What if the financial restrictions stay the same? Do you really think yet another managerial change will achieve anything?

I dread to think what our transfer budget is going to end up being if we have to spend money paying off another manager and set of backroom staff.

We'll be trying to sign our new left back for a job lot of last season's match day programmes and some retired foreign currency the canteen staff found down the back of a drawer.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

No, that isn't my only argument actually.

That's the only reason you gave when explaining why he should keep his job if he manages to even do worse than McLeish though. If you had other arguments, why not list them as well?

What if the financial restrictions stay the same? Do you really think yet another managerial change will achieve anything?

I think it's a risk worth taking because under Lambert we will eventually go down. For what Lerner wants he needs Pulis really.

I think it's a risk worth taking because under Lambert we will eventually go down. For what Lerner wants he needs Pulis really.

Or maybe another manager would just make things worse? The last thing we need is more transition.

That's the only reason you gave when explaining why he should keep his job if he manages to even do worse than McLeish though. If you had other arguments, why not list them as well?

I already have done.

Or maybe another manager would just make things worse? The last thing we need is more transition.

I already have done.

We've broken a club record for home games lost. I don't think our concern should be another manager might do worse. No one worried about that with McLeish. No one said don't replace heskey as a new striker could do worse.

The defence of lambert gets weaker and weaker

Â