Paul Lambert

limpid

you are making no sense now. You claimed no one wanted him sacked after the chelsea victory, which is clearly wrong. You talk about knee jerk reactions, but overall there are not knee jerk anything, just a resentment to his woeful performances over nearly two seasons that some like you clearly fail to see.

On the flip side I could turn it around and say some like you fail to see the restraints he's been working under and the progress (albeit slow) we've made this season.
again you are wrong. We all know the restrictions randy has put on the club, but that does not excuse the shite football and lack of managerial ability that lambert is showing. If you are seriously claiming that the football we are seeing this year is progress then so be it but it clearly isnt because even by your own admission the football is crap

I'd advise you to take a look at that graph someone posted a little while back showing a clear improvement with regards to points.
that scraping noise you are making is the bottom of the barrel.

How so? Points wise there has been gradual improvement. This time last season we were right in the thick of a relegation battle whereas at the moment we're 9 points clear with a better goal difference than those at the bottom.

I'm not saying that's fantastic or anything, but it's improvement.

Performances:

Brilliant: Arsenal (A), Liverpool (A), Norwich (H), Chelsea (H). (4)

Good: Chelsea (A), Man City (H), Southampton (A), West Brom (H). (4)

Average: Rotherham (H, LC), Norwich (A), Hull (A), Cardiff (H), West Brom (A), Sunderland (H), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Arsenal (H), Cardiff (A), Newcastle (A). (11)

Awful: Liverpool (H), Newcastle (H), Tottenham (H, LC), Fulham (A), Man United (H), Stoke (A), Palace (H), Sheff U (H, FA), Everton (A), West Ham (H), Stoke (H). (11)

Southampton and Man City games (A/H) were poor performances but I put them in good due to the win.

Would others agree with what I have rated the performances?

Edited by dodgyknees

How so? Points wise there has been gradual improvement. This time last season we were right in the thick of a relegation battle whereas at the moment we're 9 points clear with a better goal difference than those at the bottom.

Mantis, you're a lovely positive poster, but just for once duck out from behind the stats and try confronting todays game.  A 1-4 loss against the might of Stoke City is painful enough, the clueless manner of the defeat is indefensible. 

Don't think we were awful against Liverpool at home. For balance, shouldn't there be a bad and awful section instead of just an awful section?

Mantis, you're a lovely positive poster, but just for once duck out from behind the stats and try confronting todays game.  A 1-4 loss against the might of Stoke City is painful enough, the clueless manner of the defeat is indefensible. 

I take it you haven't bothered to read the post-match thread then because I did exactly that.

Ridiculous.

Edited by Mantis

Performances:

Good: Chelsea (H), Man City (H), Southampton (A), West Brom (H). (4)

Average: Rotherham (H, LC), Norwich (A), Hull (A), Cardiff (H), West Brom (A), Sunderland (H), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Arsenal (H), Cardiff (A), Newcastle (A). (11)

Awful: Liverpool (H), Newcastle (H), Tottenham (H, LC), Fulham (A), Man United (H), Stoke (A), Palace (H), Sheff U (H, FA), Everton (A), West Ham (H), Stoke (H). (11)

Southampton and Man City games (A/H) were poor performances but I put them in good due to the win.

You have two Chelsk homes. I wouldn't put Norwich home as brilliant - 15 minutes of it maybe.

Performances:

Good: Chelsea (H), Man City (H), Southampton (A), West Brom (H). (4)

You have two Chelsk homes. I wouldn't put Norwich home as brilliant - 15 minutes of it maybe.

Good spot! Chelsea away (good) of course.

How so? Points wise there has been gradual improvement.

The points improvement is very minimal though isn't it. 41 points last season was around 1.1 points a game. 34 points from 30 games is again around 1.1 points a game.

We have a pretty tough run in but I'd guess we will collect around another 6-10 points. If we do we will finish with in a couple of points either way to what we did last season and likely a couple of places either way.

It would be highly pessimistic to suggest we'd gone backwards but equally clutching at straws to say we'd made progress. I have been saying for months we have stood still and that is based on what I have witnessed with my own eyes and the table is, and will come the end of the season, confirm that.

You can argue around who is to blame for that. For me the manger takes a fair share of the blame as the players haven't kicked on from last season and his tactics are baffling at times. However he has also been working with one hand tied behind his back and the standard of player he has been able to bring in has been restricted due to a lack of finances certainly in terms of wages we can pay.

How is it clutching at straws to say we have progressed? We have, it's just been quite gradual.

I fail to see how going from being in the thick of a relegation battle to mid-table isn't progress? I don't think our playing style has progressed but points and results have.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Don't think we were awful against Liverpool at home. For balance, shouldn't there be a bad and awful section instead of just an awful section?

I take it you haven't bothered to read the post-match thread then because I did exactly that.

Ridiculous.

You're right Mantis, I haven't had time to read the post match thread because I've not long got home. I'm not prepared to look on the positive side of todays performance just because our recent stats show slight improvement over a previously pathetic set of stats. 

Â