bizarre football thread

Zatman

Adebayor has accused his Mother and sisters of plotting to use witchcraft on him and has cut them out of his life :lol:

Adebayor: "How can I talk to a mother who together with my sisters have been plotting juju against me?" #THFC

User Actions
  Follow
jzp_cmeF_bigger.jpegHotspur Related@HotspurRelated

Adebayor's sister: "As at now, our mother is selling polythene bags, padlocks and other things on the border." #THFC

User Actions

Adebayor's sister: "Our mother has not seen him for more than a year and he rejects her calls anytime." #THFC

User Actions

Adebayor's sister: "Our mother is not calling him for his money, she just wants to see him because she loves him very much." #THFC

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

Spanish football giant Valencia has a fight of epic proportions on its hands after being sued by DC Comics, which claims the club logo infringes on the Batman trademark.

Plaza Deportiva reported that the US publisher has formally filed a grievance with the European Union body the Office for Harmonisation in the Internet Market (OHIM) after Valencia sought to use a variant of its existing club crest, depicting the bat with opened wings.

batman2.png?itok=846vHtnh&mtime=14165357

Anyone with knowledge of Spanish history, especially around Valencia, Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, would know that the bat symbol has been used in that part of Europe for centuries.

It’s been part of the crest officially since 1319, and a bat was also seen on the FC Barcelona crest during from 1899-1910. Batman first appeared in DC Comics in 1939.

While imitation is said by some to be the highest form of flattery, clearly superheroes don’t subscribe to that view.

So Valencia CF, it seems, has now joined the exalted ranks of Batman’s many other adversaries, such as The Joker, The Riddler, Penguin, Bane, and Two-Face.

Batman doesn’t lose often, but he might have a real fight on his hands with this one.

Â