Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lativa got a draw v Germany in 2004, that was a huge shock.

Maybe one of the biggest was when East Germany beat West Germany in the 74 world cup

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Germany will torch this woeful France defence in next round, I would love another 7-1 :P

Don't see it without a decent striker. Germany will have a lot of the play but lacked killer instinct in this tournament against better teams. Gomez out injured aswell, he's not amazing but at least a focal point of them.

Wouldn't shock me if France get to the final but yes their defence isn't on level of Italy.

• Like 1

the toughest game France have played so far has probably been Ireland for 45 minutes when Long ran them ragged and Iceland today who have just dominated them on set plays and were 4-0 down at half time 

Germany have played Poland and Italy and will be definite battle hardened

no gomez, hummels, khedira or pig climber for germany...

doubt they'll play podolski, probably bring in draxler or gotze, maybe kimmich move in to midfield, howedes for hummels, they're in trouble if they bring emre can in, calling it now if he plays they'll lose

anyway said before credit to Iceland, showed heart and fight and did brilliant going unbeaten vs Portugal and England. Hope to see them again as their fans have been brilliant as well. still going at 4-0 unlike gobshites that played for Villa last season

I imagine will be a huge reception for them

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

France have Kante and Rami back so they will be stronger and they eased off against tonight. Going to be tight to call. 

I wouldn't really call Rami a stronger option, I think he's really poor. 

• Like 1

will be interesting to see what france do for germany. Hope they dont go back to 3 in midfield with not having griezman anywhere near giroud. Destroys all their attacking creativity and the first half displays where theyve done that have been so boring but germany could tear them apart if they dont get the bodies in and give ozil/kroos so much space. 

Maybe a solid defensive 4-4-2 with trying to get 2v2 on counters.Will be interesting the way teams line up 

Maybe im expecting france to be more defensive than they will actually be. They probably wont have a choice though

Edited by gharperr

Â