Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

Let's face it, if this WC had been anywhere else Brazil would have gone out in the group stages.

They've been carried along by the partisan home crowd and some dodgy refereeing. Just like England in 66, really   ;)

So sod 'em, basically.

• Like 2

I'm serious. How can it be a classic match if one team utterly capitulates and the game is over by the 30th minute?

It was truly memorable and will be talked about for years, but it wasn't a great game of football.

No certainly not a classic. I preferred the Spain v Holland game. Brazil were ordinary with Neymar and Silva but without them they were hopeless.

Netherlands beating Spain 5-1 was arguably the most crazy result in world cup history and I didn't think it could be topped. I was wrong.

edit

Edited by PaulC

why the edit Paul C?

Imagine Ozil had scored that simple 1 on 1 when it was 7-0. Could have been more embarrassing.

Because for some reason I had it in my head that Holland won 6-1... 

I'm serious. How can it be a classic match if one team utterly capitulates and the game is over by the 30th minute?

It was truly memorable and will be talked about for years, but it wasn't a great game of football.

i know where you're coming from but how many people would say that england vs germany 5-1 or england vs holland 4-1 is their favourite england game? 

both tonights game and the holland v spain game will go down in history, especially tonights, i can almost guarantee i'll be seeing a replay of those goals during the last world cup i get to see in my lifetime