samjp26

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

We on this week at some point? 

You two should really get Trackmania, it's the same concept with setting times, there's about 190 official tracks and it's just as challenging, if not harder. 

I'm on tonight.

Might look into Trackmania. Has it come down in price yet?

• 2 weeks later...

The multiplayer on this (as in non private matches) is so ****.

Played quite a few games recently. I honestly think I would win every single race if the tracks were restricted to Hard and above.

People are pussies. Even the ones that are relatively good will vote for the easy or medium tracks because they've done them a thousand times. As soon as you do manage to get a hard track they cant' handle it.

The ranking system is also stupid. I had a game recently where I had a clean sweep. 20 points on every race. Literally can't do better, and lost points overall!

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What trick is that? :D

(seriously, I don't remember!)

I just meant using the quad bike. So much easier than any of the bikes I tried with, though admittedly I only just unlocked the Pit Viper and only had a couple of attempts with it.

I don't think I'll ever get gold on that level where you have to pull off specific tricks. I can't get my head around how to do them, it feels far too sensitive and specific.

Just now, Ginko said:

I just meant using the quad bike. So much easier than any of the bikes I tried with, though admittedly I only just unlocked the Pit Viper and only had a couple of attempts with it.

Oh... that's not a trick :D

The quad bike is easily the quickest. Basically any track Medium difficulty or below, where that is available to pick, you should pick it. There's one or two where it's not the best choice, but as a rule of thumb go for it.

Once you get to tracks where you have any sort of difficult jump it become almost useless though.

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I don't think I'll ever get gold on that level where you have to pull off specific tricks. I can't get my head around how to do them, it feels far too sensitive and specific.

There was a few of us at the start of the thread who struggled with that.

18 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

There was a few of us at the start of the thread who struggled with that.

Just google a trick list. It's easy then. I golded that one first time.

Edited by Stevo985

I find it hard to keep the bike facing the right way whilst keeping the rider in the correct position all at the same time. Seems way too fiddly but maybe I'm overcomplicating it.

Edited by Ginko

Â