samjp26

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The hardest bit is the the part after the double bunny hop over that pit, about half way.

You go up a long slope and then jump onto a steeper slope that leads into the rest of the track.

If you nail that bit it basically sets you up for the rest of the track. If you miss it, you lose all your momentum completely.
And it's quite tricky to nail it.

I've really enjoyed these speedruns. You find new ways to do tracks fast every time.

The slope, you need to let your front wheel come up and as you leave it, lean everything forward and you should hit it. 

It's frustrating, I know what I need to do to absolutely smash that track but I mess it up so easily :D

Saying that, my time was 800th in the world or something so that's cool.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Oh yeah I know how to do it, it's just much easier said than done!

But that part is the key for me. The bits proceeding that I can do comfortably, and the bits after comfortably. It's just that part is the killer.

I'm actually in love with this game again.

I like how I can watch replays of 3 people with 3 similar times who did the track 3 different ways. I genuinely think, value for money wise, it's one of the best games ever.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't even know you could watch replays!

So if I want to see your Mind the Gap time, I can watch a replay of it?

You can watch the replay of anybody in the world. Just press triangle on the track selection screen. It'll bring up the detailed leaderboard, then 'watch replay'. Then you can also race against anybody's ghost as well by pressing square on their name.

Edited by StefanAVFC

The times are so hard to beat. I've played through the game aiming to gold and no fault the tracks, without caring about records etc. 

Need to start from the beginning again I think

The advantage I had when I played through was that everyone had already played, so I just tried to beat everyone on every track, so got the vast majority of best times (which wasn't that hard at the time because most people had taken your approach, Jono)

Stefan then did the same so set a load himself. And now the times are really hard to beat.

You very much drew the short straw by setting the initial bar, Jono.

Went on a rampage. Broke all the best times on the Hard Tracks

Edit: Actually not all of them. It was just all of them in one chapter. Updated the sheet ;)

Edited by Stevo985

We on this week at some point? 

You two should really get Trackmania, it's the same concept with setting times, there's about 190 official tracks and it's just as challenging, if not harder. 

Â