The Cheltenham Festival 2014 Thread

AvfcRigo82

Firstly, very sad news at the loss of our conor.

Summed the day up for me yesterday as a whole too.

I am running a £100 - 1pt strategy this festival.

Yesterdays selections went like this

Valtour 1pt win

The Liquidator 1pt e/w

Champagne Fever 1pt win

Western Warhorse 1pt e/w

Vintage Star 1pt e/w

My Tent or Yours 1pt win

Our Conor 1pt e/w & 0.5pt f/c with MTOY.

Was going to wager 1pt e/w on Sirene D'Ainiay in 4.00 but I didn't in the end.

Brilliant day some would seem but it didn't pan out that way.

I was in town and got held up and was going to miss the first race so dived to the nearest W Hill shop with the cash I had left on me and got the first race covered fine.

Had to make a quick dash home which is a good 20 min run and make it with about 5 or so mins to spare before the 2.05. So booted up the laptop and logged into my betting account, picked the bet out and clicked bet...

I was waiting for almost a minute and still loading...  they were coming into line on the TV and I'm yelling at the laptop "f***ing hurry up!"

Boom... orange box appeared (Race has started. No bet placed)   "and they're off".  - Gutted that I didn't get my bet on Champagne fever on at the time! - but what followed was even worse!

Each stride Warhorse was inching closer to the finishing line it felt like someone was literally slicing a knife down my stomach more and more with every stride. I couldn't **** believe it!

I think I sat there stunned for a good 10 minutes before I got myself together and put my bet on both the 2.40 and 3.20 at the same time but the 1st day had been marred from that moment for me.

Vintage Star Fell in the 2.40, Our Conor had a nasty fall and sadly died and MTOY was just not good enough.

After that I knew it was not going to be my day and so I left the 4.00 alone and a good job I did as that fell too!

But hell that's racing and that is the highs and lows that come with this festival and it is now a case of picking myself up for day 2 today and 'We go again'...   B)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Yep.

Here's a post from the other thread from November:

There's another Mullins horse I love called Faugheen, he'll probably end up in the Neptune at Cheltenham, and contest 2 & 1/2 mile novice hurdles in Ireland. Never seen a horse win a bumper so well as he did earlier this year.

So, Ballycasey for the 390/1 double.

Am a little peeved not to have taken enough note (even though I replied to the above post at the time!).

Edited by snowychap

Â